Robinho - What Could Have Been?

He was what was needed to start the revolution off: the Sheikh's gift of intent, if you will. But he is not and probably never will be a grafter.
Stellar talent, goes without saying, but now he'd be only one amongst several, and that would not suit him. His ego wouldn't allow it.

As has been said many a time, he came too early for us, but I'm thankful for how how he helped announce our intentions to the world. Can't forget everything he did his first season before the injury.

hes lazy imo, doesnt track back much, yes world class, but not acity player, if you look at the team and how it plays, everyone covers, robbo wouldnt fit that mould tbh

tolmie's hairdoo said:
That **** Hughes has plenty to answer for, this, more than anything.

He hung that lad out to fucking dry in some team selections.

Robinho in this current team and we would go very close to winning everything, including the Champions League.

Don't have a bad word to say about the lad.

Add Elano to Robinho, two players who I believe would have flourished under Bobby.

Would love him back. Some of his passing was incredible. I don't think he was quite as lazy as people made him out to be either.

Problem is, he was never going to look good away from home in a team who couldn't hold on to the ball. Robinho is the sort of player you want when you have controlled possession on the oppositions half. We seem to manage this almost every game now for large spells, so he would score and set up a lot of goals.

Problem is, he wouldn't be a starter, and he's the sort of player who would struggle for form if he wasn't playing continually.

VOOMER said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
That **** Hughes has plenty to answer for, this, more than anything.

He hung that lad out to fucking dry in some team selections.

Robinho in this current team and we would go very close to winning everything, including the Champions League.

Don't have a bad word to say about the lad.

Add Elano to Robinho, two players who I believe would have flourished under Bobby.

He didn't and Mancini got rid of him.

Hughes 'had to be convinced' about the signing a the time.

Neither really wanted him, and Robinho wanted to go to Chelsea.

BringBackSwales said:
Ricster said:
BringBackSwales said:
no you couldn't, he is another tevez like egotist who thinks only of himself and not the team - and btw it was Bobby not mark hughes who showed him the door, hughes would never have had the balls

Sorry you are right. But believe me, the damage was done long before Mancini arrived.

yes it was and I know that Mancini would NEVER have signed Robbie in the first place - Hughes and chequebook is about as compatible as bellamy and arne riese

If Hughes had any idea we were signing Robinho then im Barack Obama

I will always like Robinho, he is the main reason why in 2011 we are as good as we are and have the likes of Silva and Aguero playing for us. He made Manchester City attractive .

People seem to forget as well that in his full season with us he scored 14 league goals and was 4th top goalscorer in the league.

WNRH said:
I will always like Robinho, he is the main reason why in 2011 we are as good as we are and have the likes of Silva and Aguero playing for us. He made Manchester City attractive .

People seem to forget as well that in his full season with us he scored 14 league goals and was 4th top goalscorer in the league.

What attracted him was what made us attractive.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.