Robinho - What Could Have Been?

Robinho would be a disaster in this side, wouldn't get near it.

The problem with Robinho is the same reason we are a better side without Tevez:

Robinho slowed the move up. He needs to receive the ball, stop it, show it to his marker then try to do something magic. It loses you momentum, it gives the opposition time to pick up the runners.

The best thing about us this year is the pass and move football which the likes of Silva and Aguero give us. Pass, move, pass, move, pass, move, goal. Not pass, move, wait five minutes until a player has decided what to do with it.

Bags of skill, Robinho, but will never make it in the premier league. It's too quick for him.

Prestwich_Blue said:
He was a wonderful player, possibly the most technically gifted I've seen at City, but could you imagine him putting in the sort of shift that Milner and Silva put in on Sunday?

no you couldn't, he is another tevez like egotist who thinks only of himself and not the team - and btw it was Bobby not mark hughes who showed him the door, hughes would never have had the balls

BringBackSwales said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
He was a wonderful player, possibly the most technically gifted I've seen at City, but could you imagine him putting in the sort of shift that Milner and Silva put in on Sunday?

no you couldn't, he is another tevez like egotist who thinks only of himself and not the team - and btw it was Bobby not mark hughes who showed him the door, hughes would never have had the balls

Sorry you are right. But believe me, the damage was done long before Mancini arrived.

Just look at Mancini's post-match comments about Adam Johnson. That is why Robinho would never have a place in a Roberto Mancini team.

Like the others on the second page have said, he really wouldn't help this team - not because he doesn't have the skill, but because he has a Tevez-like streak about him when on the ball. Once passed to, he just aimed himself in the direction of the goal, ran, and shot. He would be the end of half of our attacking moves in this team, and he would end them long before we got into a proper position to shoot.

That said, when he did score he would probably score some right peaches of goals.

BringBackSwales said:
Prestwich_Blue said:

This, i don't see him being able to adapt style of play on a per game/formation basis. I also don't think he has the bollocks for it, he likes a nice fat wage and a city like Milan to live in. The love of the game is not his main focus in life which we would not have room for. Ok our players like the good life but all seem very very hungry for success here also (maybe you could argue balo used to be indifferent).

Tricky_Trev said:
Just look at Mancini's post-match comments about Adam Johnson. That is why Robinho would never have a place in a Roberto Mancini team.

Agreed

He is what the phrase 'Cold winters night game away to Stoke' was invented for

He had an ok first season..14 was it?

Followed by turning absolute gash..lazy gash at that

Short memories on here

Ricster said:
BringBackSwales said:
Prestwich_Blue said:

Sorry you are right. But believe me, the damage was done long before Mancini arrived.

yes it was and I know that Mancini would NEVER have signed Robbie in the first place - Hughes and chequebook is about as compatible as bellamy and arne riese

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.