Robinho

TheRevolution

I think Robinho will be a suprise to the premier league this season and probably top goalscorer and might be like our 'tranny' what the rags had. He's Gelled with the team well and knows what's to come this season because now he knows the league is faster than all other leagues and I believe he's been preparing himself. Any thoughts ?

I think you could well be right i was saying the same thing to a couple of rags the other day and was greeted with nothing but laughter.
I didn't expect anything else if im honest though, just cant wait for the season to start now i think robbie will be immense for us. :)

I agree with the OP. I can't see how he wouldn't improve with one season in a tough competitive league under his belt and a better standard of players around him. And let's be honest, he didn't do that poorly last year. I don't want to turn this into 'love him/loathe him' Elano thread but I think that whole saga from last year could have been a bit distracting too.

My prediction... 19 goals in all competitions.

OOHBEBLUE said:
sam the drummer said:
I still think he gets bullied a bit too easily and can lose the ball

He could do with putting a bit more meat on.
It's easy to say that and on the surface of things, you're bang right, but unfortunately it's hard to put on a few pounds in bulk without it have an effect on the rest of your game. That's not to say it wouldn't suit Robinho's game, I'm just saying that these things are unpredictable and we could end up with the Richards situation all over again, where his massive frame just did not compliment his natural pacey game.

Wooderbeen said:
OOHBEBLUE said:
He could do with putting a bit more meat on.
It's easy to say that and on the surface of things, you're bang right, but unfortunately it's hard to put on a few pounds in bulk without it have an effect on the rest of your game. That's not to say it wouldn't suit Robinho's game, I'm just saying that these things are unpredictable and we could end up with the Richards situation all over again, where his massive frame just did not compliment his natural pacey game.

I agree with what your saying about the Richards situation. But if it was managed right i think it would help him a great deal. A man of his size will never be able to take on 2 huge players usually marking him. His style is becoming a little too obvious for me.

Pre-season Robbi has been no different than last season. Lost the ball numerous times against celtic then expects someone else to get it back for him. Huge disappointment in my eyes, he has got no excuse for non performances this year.

OOHBEBLUE said:
Wooderbeen said:

I agree with what your saying about the Richards situation. But if it was managed right i think it would help him a great deal. A man of his size will never be able to take on 2 huge players usually marking him. His style is becoming a little too obvious for me.

Or it could go the other way and he could bloat out like the REAL Ronaldo...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.