Robinho

OOHBEBLUE said:
Wooderbeen said:
It's easy to say that and on the surface of things, you're bang right, but unfortunately it's hard to put on a few pounds in bulk without it have an effect on the rest of your game. That's not to say it wouldn't suit Robinho's game, I'm just saying that these things are unpredictable and we could end up with the Richards situation all over again, where his massive frame just did not compliment his natural pacey game.

I agree with what your saying about the Richards situation. But if it was managed right i think it would help him a great deal. A man of his size will never be able to take on 2 huge players usually marking him. His style is becoming a little too obvious for me.
I think you've knocked the nail on the head. If he does bulk up, it needs to be managed and closely watched by City's coaching staff. I'm just still not sure he needs it. He is effective the way he is now. Personally, I just wouldn't risk it.

I believe that now we have more talent across the pitch lesser teams such as stoke wont beable to double mark him out of the games he will get more time and space and I believe given time he will starte to control games for us

Bonol said:
Pre-season Robbi has been no different than last season. Lost the ball numerous times against celtic then expects someone else to get it back for him. Huge disappointment in my eyes, he has got no excuse for non performances this year.

What games have you been watching!

dan.j.mcfc said:
I think you could well be right i was saying the same thing to a couple of rags the other day and was greeted with nothing but laughter.
I didn't expect anything else if im honest though, just cant wait for the season to start now i think robbie will be immense for us. :)

I would have said just one word to those rags and walked away laughing my cock off.........................Owen, Bwahaha!

Bonol said:
Pre-season Robbi has been no different than last season. Lost the ball numerous times against celtic then expects someone else to get it back for him. Huge disappointment in my eyes, he has got no excuse for non performances this year.

Runs into too many brick walls. Needs to lay it off earlier.

If he can sort out his away form, I would tend to agree with the OP. He'll also have less attention from defenders as they try to mark Tevez and Adebayor, who will be more of a handful than our centre forwards last season.

If Robinho has the ball and let's say the short way to the goal is on the left and on the right you have two defenders waiting for him... he is still trying to outplay the two defenders.

I think you are right, he will have more space this season as teams will have to mark more of our players. If teams do continue to put two players on Robinho then Tevez, Adebayor etc. will make them pay.

On a side note I think Robinho was really good last season, he gives us something special. You don't need (or want) him to track back, you want him to try the flicks and tricks, sometimes they don't come off but the opponents know that if they give him any space he will punish them.

JoshuaJDuckworth said:
I think you are right, he will have more space this season as teams will have to mark more of our players. If teams do continue to put two players on Robinho then Tevez, Adebayor etc. will make them pay.
quote]

beat me to it

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.