Rochdale v. Mini-me Rags

BufordUSABlue said:
Soulboy said:
I'll go anyway... the pies are brilliant!

Indeed they are pal.....with pea soup on they are simply out-of-this-world!
I lived there for 18 years and went along to Spotland on many occasions and always saw a healthy contigent of Blue there, as there are plenty of Rochdale/Littleborough/Shaw/Newhey etc etc blues!

They also used to have a small, but pretty handy crew who wont take kindly to having rags or wanna-be rags or not rags whatever their agenda is right now! So keep your wits about ya Soulboy...

Church Inn right next to the ground used to be a decent pint of Wilsons.....decent boozer as well, but obviously gets packed on match days!

Come on the dale !!

I used to be in the City supporters branch at Rochdale... quality, not quantity! We held the meetings in Spotland and the club and their fans couldn't do enough for us. So I've retained an affection for them ever since.

Whenever I 've been to see the Dale there were always plenty of City faces knocking about, and I dare say there will be a few on Friday.

Keep my wits about me? Against the Amoeba Rags? Listen mate, I've been in the Stretford Paddock for many a derby game in the past, so these scumbags hold no fear.

And the best pub is the Cemetery... a legendary watering hole.

Soulboy said:
BufordUSABlue said:
I lived there for 18 years and went along to Spotland on many occasions and always saw a healthy contigent of Blue there, as there are plenty of Rochdale/Littleborough/Shaw/Newhey etc etc blues!

They also used to have a small, but pretty handy crew who wont take kindly to having rags or wanna-be rags or not rags whatever their agenda is right now! So keep your wits about ya Soulboy...

Church Inn right next to the ground used to be a decent pint of Wilsons.....decent boozer as well, but obviously gets packed on match days!

Come on the dale !!

I used to be in the City supporters branch at Rochdale... quality, not quantity! We held the meetings in Spotland and the club and their fans couldn't do enough for us. So I've retained an affection for them ever since.

Whenever I 've been to see the Dale there were always plenty of City faces knocking about, and I dare say there will be a few on Friday.

Keep my wits about me? Against the Amoeba Rags? Listen mate, I've been in the Stretford Paddock for many a derby game in the past, so these scumbags hold no fear.

Went in there last night before the game.....and straight back in after it was called off.....best pub in the area for miles...but the Church is good too...Robinsons now...

Soulboy said:
BufordUSABlue said:

Come on the dale !!

Agree on the Cemy Soulboy - great trad ale pub and I started off in there many a Friday night...once chating with Lisa Stansfield no less (before she became Uber famous of course!) and i arranged a meet with her in Dukes later on, where i refused to dance with her and her mates, so she fired me off.......oh what could have been :-) !!

And like i said, trying to look out for a feloow Blue and advising to just be wary of the idiots who are attracted to the FCSCUM...they are not exactly known for fighting fair and would jump at a chance to pummel a blue who may be on his or even her own! Not doubting your prowess kidda but like i said, they may be out in numbers and on the look out for some stray targets! Like you i spent many a derby game in the stretford paddock and was always comfortable with the numbers and talent of the lads around me! Spotland, with all the streets and back entrys, is an ambush waiting to happen..

All very unlikely, but ya never know! I once had a right run-in with some Bristol Rovers lads because i was walking with a few mates to Spotland at the last minute due to our game being called off..

blue dallas said:
weejh said:
just speaking with my best maye, who is an fc fan. he says there isnt any anti-city singing, and my city mate who went to the last fc game with him v barrow confirmed this. i hope they win, got a soft spot for them. i know the reasons why my mate started supporting them and support him for choosing to do it. sorry if that annoys other blues.....

ha ha, what a rag.
No I don't think he is, although he's lying about anti city. My uncle is general manager so I want them to win.

I want them to win and get Yoonited in the third round, it will be bloody embarrassing for all concerned, interesting to see if the FC United fans would boycott the game or use it as a platform for recruitment. Divide and rule great times.<br /><br />-- Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:36 am --<br /><br />Rochdale is a great night out though, really friendly people always want to have fun.

Soulboy said:
BufordUSABlue said:

Come on the dale !!

I remember the City Supporters Clubs meetings at Spotland. I have even been to a couple of them. Do you know Tommy, Soulboy?? Thats my mate he used to let me stay at his house in Rochdale when i came over for City games. Great bloke!!!

Loved going to Spotland-VERY friendly toward me as a stupid Yank and a City fan!! ALWAYS watch out for their results. Cannot believe the Dale will be on TV live in the USA!!! I will miss it as I will be in transit that day-DOH!!!

UP THE DALE!!!

I once got stuck on a train of 'em on the way to play Kendal and they bloody well are still obsessed with City. They still retain all the arrogance of actual rags but these lot are self-righteous as well. Nothing worse.

tonea2003 said:
halifax it was 3-0
one of the only times i've f***ed a game off as i couldn't be arsed
because it was a friday night and on tv and i was still coming to terms we were in the third tier of football thinking we shouldn't even be in at this stage
whilst stockport were 3rd rounders
dark dark days
Jesus I remember watching that game at my mates. Was it on Sky? The Goat got one if I remember correctly...

All FC sign about is City and the Glaziers in that order. I hope they get a good kicking on friday from Dale, they aint doin very well in the league so i cant see anything but a dale win.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.