Rochdale... was it a bomb or a plague?

lived in dogdale for nearly 3 years the house is nice the area is quiet and no issues living here, but town centre is wank and the plethora of takeaways are all shit, working, shopping, days out all done outside of rochdale

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
talkativesprout said:
Today has been a lousy one

and for that reason, you should be out fella. Don't back yourself into a place where you may say something you regret.

Time and a place. sent with your interests at heart

You're quite right mate.
As you say,this isn't the right time.
Cheers for the heads up.

No problem.

12 years since I'd been there, had to drive up to the hospital last week, ended up going past those flat where lofty used to live....

It was like something out of 28 Days Later.

mcfc1982 said:
lived in dogdale for nearly 3 years the house is nice the area is quiet and no issues living here, but town centre is wank and the plethora of takeaways are all shit, working, shopping, days out all done outside of rochdale

Same here, love where we live, but avoid the centre like the plague.
(The Baum excepted)

Having said that, it's no different than many other town centres now.....row after row of takeaways, phone, charity and pound shops.....it's rife the country over. Not exclusive to Dale.

So many on here must live in Monte Carlo rather than the real world, if they just like to believe Dale is somehow unique......especially galling is those commenting on the race issues for an area they have zero experience of....

el blue said:
80% of my customer base are Pakistani, I have worked with and employed Pakistani people and they are just as diverse in their good and bad ways (scruffy house/gleaming house, hard worker/lazy ****, intelligent/stupid etc etc) as white people but surely that's blindingly obvious and understood innately by the majority of mankind.

However I feel comfortable making the generalisation that they do largely, as a community, follow the same business models - and I think this is what Andy is getting at - Convenience Stores, Takeaways, Taxi Cab are disproportionately popular enterprises in Pakistani communities. Personally I think the reason for this is because they value and have created strong communities which respect and listen to elders, are willing to share and educate each other and are then further aided by loans and support from the mosque so they follow each other into businesses which they know and understand. In many ways that is something to be praised.

It also hard to argue against the perception that the rise of Asian communities has coincided with the decline of traditionally white communities, and that ethnic ghettos instead of multicultural communities are being formed in places like Burnley and Rochdale. Surely statistics like '95% of racially motivated assaults in Britain are committed by white people' originate from situations like that where people are, IMO understandably, angry at the wholesale changes to their communities?

Wow.
Let me get this clear.
You think that racially motivated attacks by ignorant white (non) working class scum on hard-working Asians are justified because they don't like changes to the community?
I need to get this crystal clear,before I tell you what I think of you here.
Today has been a lousy one,but you are not getting away with bile like this.
So are you saying that racist attacks by white racists are 'understandable' or not?

That is NOT what I am saying at all. I am completely opposed to racism and violence and by extension racist attacks.

"Surely statistics like '95% of racially motivated assaults in Britain are committed by white people' originate from situations like that where people are, IMO understandably, angry at the wholesale changes to their communities?" - re reading this part of my post I can understand why you have taken it the way you have. I meant I can understand why some people are angry about these wholesale changes. Not 'I can understand why people commit racist attacks'.

I would have hoped that the context of the rest of my post would have steered you away from the idea that I am sympathetic to perpetrator of racist attacks. This is 100% NOT the case. Jeez.

el blue said:
el blue said:
80% of my customer base are Pakistani, I have worked with and employed Pakistani people and they are just as diverse in their good and bad ways (scruffy house/gleaming house, hard worker/lazy ****, intelligent/stupid etc etc) as white people but surely that's blindingly obvious and understood innately by the majority of mankind.

However I feel comfortable making the generalisation that they do largely, as a community, follow the same business models - and I think this is what Andy is getting at - Convenience Stores, Takeaways, Taxi Cab are disproportionately popular enterprises in Pakistani communities. Personally I think the reason for this is because they value and have created strong communities which respect and listen to elders, are willing to share and educate each other and are then further aided by loans and support from the mosque so they follow each other into businesses which they know and understand. In many ways that is something to be praised.

It also hard to argue against the perception that the rise of Asian communities has coincided with the decline of traditionally white communities, and that ethnic ghettos instead of multicultural communities are being formed in places like Burnley and Rochdale. Surely statistics like '95% of racially motivated assaults in Britain are committed by white people' originate from situations like that where people are, IMO understandably, angry at the wholesale changes to their communities?

Wow.
Let me get this clear.
You think that racially motivated attacks by ignorant white (non) working class scum on hard-working Asians are justified because they don't like changes to the community?
I need to get this crystal clear,before I tell you what I think of you here.
Today has been a lousy one,but you are not getting away with bile like this.
So are you saying that racist attacks by white racists are 'understandable' or not?

That is NOT what I am saying at all. I am completely opposed to racism and violence and by extension racist attacks.

"Surely statistics like '95% of racially motivated assaults in Britain are committed by white people' originate from situations like that where people are, IMO understandably, angry at the wholesale changes to their communities?" - re reading this part of my post I can understand why you have taken it the way you have. I meant I can understand why some people are angry about these wholesale changes. Not 'I can understand why people commit racist attacks'.

I would have hoped that the context of the rest of my post would have steered you away from the idea that I am sympathetic to perpetrator of racist attacks. This is 100% NOT the case. Jeez.

Have you got the new action man/GI Joe?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.