Rochdale... was it a bomb or a plague?

Andy Dale said:
stonerblue said:
nijinsky's fetlocks said:
I take it you are aware that over 95% of racially motivated assaults in Britain are committed by white people?
But then I suppose that doesn't fit with your selective and blinkered wordview,does it?
Or are you seriously suggesting that it's the Labour party's fault that a not insignificant proportion of white,working class British youth are violent racist thugs?
The overwhelming majority of young Asians either find full time employment or go on to higher education,graduate,and contribute to the economy of Great Britain.
Asians are statistically far less likely to be unemployed,or alcoholic,or be drug addicted,or have a criminal record,than indigenous white folks.
To put it simply,they pay their way.
But according to your warped logic,they are the problem,rather than a bunch of lazy,workshy homegrown racists.
In the main,racial integration has been a success in this country,despite what you and the usual suspects may think,and I am glad we live in a multicultural society,because I think we are the better for it.

well put NF.

Like lots of towns in the North, Rochdale no longer has much of a manufacturing industry which was once the backbone of the town.
The large Asian community has the cheek to open small business' or drive taxis all night or educate their children who then go on to be high earning professionals.

Indians are the ones that educate their kids to be doctors, dentists etc.
The pakistani community educate their kids in how to drive a cab or make a crap curry.

Thanks for that insighful view of Asian employment Andy.
I shall inform my Pakistani G.P. when I next see him that he has no right to be practising medicine,that his string of qualifications and years of working on Harley Street mean nothing,and that he should get back in the kitchen,make me a prawn jalfrezi,then pick the missus up from aerobics.
Or maybe it would just be easier to put your post down to the ramblings of a simplistic,ignorant and cliched fool.

2sheikhs said:
Fuzzy Logic said:
Its Rochdale when you get past Heaton Park and you're in Middleton, although i don't blame the residents of Middleton for pretending to be part of Manchester when they're actually Rochdalians
I go by postcode and phone number. M24 and 0161.
They do that in Stretford as well to pretend to be from Manchester.

Andy Dale said:
stonerblue said:
well put NF.

Like lots of towns in the North, Rochdale no longer has much of a manufacturing industry which was once the backbone of the town.
The large Asian community has the cheek to open small business' or drive taxis all night or educate their children who then go on to be high earning professionals.

The pakistani community educate their kids in how to drive a cab or make a crap curry.

I shall inform my Pakistani G.P. when I next see him that he has no right to be practising medicine,that his string of qualifications and years of working on Harley Street mean nothing,and that he should get back in the kitchen,make me a prawn jalfrezi,then pick the missus up from aerobics.
Or maybe it would just be easier to put your post down to the ramblings of a simplistic,ignorant and cliched fool.

nijinsky's fetlocks is on form, fair play!

The Flash said:
The Flash said:
Stockport's not that bad. I've lived and worked in various places in the UK and it really isn't as bad as people make it out to be. And seeing as I work on the A6 Nij, i'll be looking out for you passing in your road-sweeping machine and I shall spit on thee.

The outskirts of Stockport are quite nice,I agree,but then I hardly consider Marple Bridge,Bramhall,Cheadle Hulme and Hazel Grove to be Stockport.
Adswood,Bridge Hall,Swythamley Estate,Hillgate,Lancashire Hill and Brinnington are truly horrible.
But now I know you work on the A6,I shall pop in your workplace and say hello.
My order is a happy meal,fries and a banana milkshake,so have it ready when I drive the Testarossa through,there's a good chap.

Ah the irony. My first ever job was at that very McDonalds! And calling your pushbike 'Testarossa' doesn't make it a Ferrari. pffft!

I'm actually based in St. Christopher house, a bit further up.
Mrs Bow works there.

Andy Dale said:
stonerblue said:
well put NF.

80% of my customer base are Pakistani, I have worked with and employed Pakistani people and they are just as diverse in their good and bad ways (scruffy house/gleaming house, hard worker/lazy ****, intelligent/stupid etc etc) as white people but surely that's blindingly obvious and understood innately by the majority of mankind.

However I feel comfortable making the generalisation that they do largely, as a community, follow the same business models - and I think this is what Andy is getting at - Convenience Stores, Takeaways, Taxi Cab are disproportionately popular enterprises in Pakistani communities. Personally I think the reason for this is because they value and have created strong communities which respect and listen to elders, are willing to share and educate each other and are then further aided by loans and support from the mosque so they follow each other into businesses which they know and understand. In many ways that is something to be praised.

It also hard to argue against the perception that the rise of Asian communities has coincided with the decline of traditionally white communities, and that ethnic ghettos instead of multicultural communities are being formed in places like Burnley and Rochdale. Surely statistics like '95% of racially motivated assaults in Britain are committed by white people' originate from situations like that where people are, IMO understandably, angry at the wholesale changes to their communities?

el blue said:
Andy Dale said:

80% of my customer base are Pakistani, I have worked with and employed Pakistani people and they are just as diverse in their good and bad ways (scruffy house/gleaming house, hard worker/lazy ****, intelligent/stupid etc etc) as white people but surely that's blindingly obvious and understood innately by the majority of mankind.

However I feel comfortable making the generalisation that they do largely, as a community, follow the same business models - and I think this is what Andy is getting at - Convenience Stores, Takeaways, Taxi Cab are disproportionately popular enterprises in Pakistani communities. Personally I think the reason for this is because they value and have created strong communities which respect and listen to elders, are willing to share and educate each other and are then further aided by loans and support from the mosque so they follow each other into businesses which they know and understand. In many ways that is something to be praised.

It also hard to argue against the perception that the rise of Asian communities has coincided with the decline of traditionally white communities, and that ethnic ghettos instead of multicultural communities are being formed in places like Burnley and Rochdale. Surely statistics like '95% of racially motivated assaults in Britain are committed by white people' originate from situations like that where people are, IMO understandably, angry at the wholesale changes to their communities?

Wow.
Let me get this clear.
You think that racially motivated attacks by ignorant white (non) working class scum on hard-working Asians are justified because they don't like changes to the community?
I need to get this crystal clear,before I tell you what I think of you here.
Today has been a lousy one,but you are not getting away with bile like this.
So are you saying that racist attacks by white racists are 'understandable' or not?

west didsblue said:
2sheikhs said:
Fuzzy Logic said:
Its Rochdale when you get past Heaton Park and you're in Middleton, although i don't blame the residents of Middleton for pretending to be part of Manchester when they're actually Rochdalians
I go by postcode and phone number. M24 and 0161.
They do that in Stretford as well to pretend to be from Manchester.

And Failsworth....M postcode, but BIFFO Council....

Today has been a lousy one

and for that reason, you should be out fella. Don't back yourself into a place where you may say something you regret.

Time and a place. sent with your interests at heart

talkativesprout said:
Today has been a lousy one

and for that reason, you should be out fella. Don't back yourself into a place where you may say something you regret.

Time and a place. sent with your interests at heart

You're quite right mate.
As you say,this isn't the right time.
Cheers for the heads up.

i hate the place, lived in heywood till i was 18 and now live in bamford which is basically the polished turd of rochdale. it just depresses me to go into the place and see the rows of shops selling either phones or cheap shite to the endless amounts of chavs pushing prams around. shows how shit a town is when macdonalds pulls out of there......

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.