Rochdale... was it a bomb or a plague?

2sheikhs said:
another generation said:
2sheikhs said:
Most of it comes under rochdale council but it has a manchester postcode and manchester phone prefix. It only turns into rochdale really when you get past stakehill industrial estate.
And the rest! Slattocks (Middleton) doesn't turn into Castleton (Rochdale) until you get up towards Chesham. At least, wait until you're past the All-in-One!
I meant the general area though AG. Most on here won't know the area and if I'd mentioned the "all-in-one", would have assumed it was a sexual act.

It becomes 'Rochdale' (whether you like it or not) after Mills Hill (Chadderton)..

Its Rochdale when you get past Heaton Park and you're in Middleton, although i don't blame the residents of Middleton for pretending to be part of Manchester when they're actually Rochdalians

Fuzzy Logic said:
Its Rochdale when you get past Heaton Park and you're in Middleton, although i don't blame the residents of Middleton for pretending to be part of Manchester when they're actually Rochdalians
I go by postcode and phone number. M24 and 0161.

2sheikhs said:
Fuzzy Logic said:
I go by postcode and phone number. M24 and 0161.

Yeah, but the m postcode includes Salford, Sale and parts of Bury and Oldham and the 0161 code.covers loads of non manc areas like Tameside .

I've lived in Oldham, reddish and now Rochdale. To be honest where I am in Rochdale isn't that bad. I have a forest behind my house and the street is safe for my son. In both Oldham and Reddish I would not have let my son play out, he would only be allowed in the garden. The neighbours are great and its quiet. Yeah the centre is garbage, shops empty, loads of takeaways, but thats the same of towns all over the country. It does need a lot of investment, but I suppose again a lot of areas do as well.

stonerblue said:
nijinsky's fetlocks said:
Andy Dale said:
When the race riots were kicking off in neighboring Oldham there was barely a peep from Rochdale.
What about the bomb through the door of the kebab shop on Spotland rd.Unreported nationally. Also my son in laws mate was in oldham on a night out not bothering anybody and got beat to death by a gang of asian lads. Yes this is an intergrated society.
ARENT YOU JUST GLAD YOU VOTED LABOUR. . .1 IN = 1 VOTE. FUCK THE CONSECQUENCES.

I take it you are aware that over 95% of racially motivated assaults in Britain are committed by white people?
But then I suppose that doesn't fit with your selective and blinkered wordview,does it?
Or are you seriously suggesting that it's the Labour party's fault that a not insignificant proportion of white,working class British youth are violent racist thugs?
The overwhelming majority of young Asians either find full time employment or go on to higher education,graduate,and contribute to the economy of Great Britain.
Asians are statistically far less likely to be unemployed,or alcoholic,or be drug addicted,or have a criminal record,than indigenous white folks.
To put it simply,they pay their way.
But according to your warped logic,they are the problem,rather than a bunch of lazy,workshy homegrown racists.
In the main,racial integration has been a success in this country,despite what you and the usual suspects may think,and I am glad we live in a multicultural society,because I think we are the better for it.

well put NF.

Like lots of towns in the North, Rochdale no longer has much of a manufacturing industry which was once the backbone of the town.
The large Asian community has the cheek to open small business' or drive taxis all night or educate their children who then go on to be high earning professionals.
Unlike most northen town Rochdale made its money from wool , not cotton,although there was a lots of cotton mills there. Look at its town hall. Its as beautiful as Manchester's.Not many will match it.
The asian community in Rochdale is Pakistani and Bangladeshi. Ive lived here 46 years and I think I've seen 2/3, in my time here ,turbans which are predominantly Indian.Indians are the ones that educate their kids to be doctors, dentists etc.
The pakistani community educate their kids in how to drive a cab or make a crap curry.

Andy Dale said:
stonerblue said:
nijinsky's fetlocks said:
I take it you are aware that over 95% of racially motivated assaults in Britain are committed by white people?
But then I suppose that doesn't fit with your selective and blinkered wordview,does it?
Or are you seriously suggesting that it's the Labour party's fault that a not insignificant proportion of white,working class British youth are violent racist thugs?
The overwhelming majority of young Asians either find full time employment or go on to higher education,graduate,and contribute to the economy of Great Britain.
Asians are statistically far less likely to be unemployed,or alcoholic,or be drug addicted,or have a criminal record,than indigenous white folks.
To put it simply,they pay their way.
But according to your warped logic,they are the problem,rather than a bunch of lazy,workshy homegrown racists.
In the main,racial integration has been a success in this country,despite what you and the usual suspects may think,and I am glad we live in a multicultural society,because I think we are the better for it.

well put NF.

Like lots of towns in the North, Rochdale no longer has much of a manufacturing industry which was once the backbone of the town.
The large Asian community has the cheek to open small business' or drive taxis all night or educate their children who then go on to be high earning professionals.
Unlike most northen town Rochdale made its money from wool , not cotton,although there was a lots of cotton mills there. Look at its town hall. Its as beautiful as Manchester's.Not many will match it.
The asian community in Rochdale is Pakistani and Bangladeshi. Ive lived here 46 years and I think I've seen 2/3, in my time here ,turbans which are predominantly Indian.Indians are the ones that educate their kids to be doctors, dentists etc.
The pakistani community educate their kids in how to drive a cab or make a crap curry.
You're gonna get shouted at for that Andy.

2sheikhs said:
Andy Dale said:
stonerblue said:
well put NF.

You're gonna get shouted at for that Andy.

If ive upset anybody then i apologise. I'm not a racist. My children are 1/4 Indian. Im a realist.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.