Rock Evolution – The History of Rock ’n’ Roll Year by Year

So what is actually happening here then? As in, how will it work.

One poster picks 5 songs from up to 5 album for a year they bagsied.

We discuss that year over the two weeks. Do others contribute song suggestions from the same year, if so how many? Then onto the next year/poster chronologically.

Have I got that right?

So what is actually happening here then? As in, how will it work.

One poster picks 5 songs from up to 5 album for a year they bagsied.

We discuss that year over the two weeks. Do others contribute song suggestions from the same year, if so how many? Then onto the next year/poster chronologically.

Have I got that right?
5 songs and 5 albums! From the year. Then we all pile in.

5 full albums?
The focus is on the year and why its so special. You can showcase five albums from that year and five tracks (they don't need to be from the albums you showcase). The point is to illustrate through your choices why your year stands out. It could be for the quality of albums, the rise of a mega artist at the beginning of their career, the development of a new genre, the influence of music on the wider world.....

You can write as much or as little about your albums as you deem appropriate. No hard and fast rules mate. Lets just see what works and how it develops.

Bloody hell, there's no need to nurture his sense of grievance any further! Anyway he'll be able to cover the So Cal punk scene in the discussion as I'll be focusing my efforts on the bigger issues of the day like Barry Manilow's waning fortunes and the fact it was a bit of a fallow year for David Essex.
This is why I would have preferred a transatlantic ( que Dream Theater ) approach to the year of 1980 with the said two moon orators covering all bases TS.

Who other than you would focus on Alan Parsons for example let alone mention him.

I am confident that Fog would not have included DE and BM in his soliloquy to reflect on your exquisite piece on the 4th anniversary of the release of Walk on City Lights.

Now as for Bob Seeger's Against the Wind well I reckon Fog would not have been able to contain himself on that score.

X and the Cramps aside this is the reason he really wanted 1980.

The focus is on the year and why its so special. You can showcase five albums from that year and five tracks (they don't need to be from the albums you showcase). The point is to illustrate through your choices why your year stands out. It could be for the quality of albums, the rise of a mega artist at the beginning of their career, the development of a new genre, the influence of music on the wider world.....

You can write as much or as little about your albums as you deem appropriate. No hard and fast rules mate. Lets just see what works and how it develops.

I see. Is the 'listening' component then more 'voluntary', i.e rather than expecting people to listen to 5 albums, they are part of a discussion and if people can find the time they do if not, they read?

I see. Is the 'listening' component then more 'voluntary', i.e rather than expecting people to listen to 5 albums, they are part of a discussion and if people can find the time they do if not, they read?

I'll leave Sadds to provide an official answer, at a personal level I'm hoping when people cite their albums they might offer insights like "listen to track 4 which was the first use of the glokenspiel in a dub context" or whatever the salient point might be, so that people can get a sense of why they nominated things. I suspect most people won't be listening to and commenting on all 5 albums, just chipping in with points of interest etc.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.