Rock Evolution – The History of Rock ’n’ Roll Year by Year

It’s worth bearing in mind that the person doing the write-up sets the scene. Whilst they should reference what was important in the year, they can’t possibly hope to cover everything and they are free to focus on their personal favourites too.

That may or may not leave the door open for you to write about something that they have missed. In fact not being the person writing for that year leaves you to focus on the one or two things that may be really important to you.

We're probably at the point where we can hazard a guess at what's likely to have been important to various posters in any given year. So it might be nice to do write ups that consciously leave the door open/invite other posters to add in the detail about certain bands/events/genres they are passionate about.

I'm noting all of these down, and obviously it's great that you are enthusiastic to write up certain years but that's 4 years already and two in close proximity: 1969, 1973, 1975, 1981

It may well be that you get to write for all of these years but we'll have to bear in mind the balance if we start to get a lot of volunteers. I want to share the writing around as much as possible. Does that sound fair?

Good first day Rob!
I'd say so. Lots of eager volunteers and lots of people liking the first post. Hopefully the momentum will continue to build as we get started properly.

Reactions: OB1
Even though I suspect we'll be writing for the early 60s, I've put myself down for 1965 as well.

Here's what we've got so far.

60s70s80s90s00s10s20s
19x0threespires
19x1Saddleworth2OB1
19x2Mancitydoogle
19x3OB1
19x4FogBlueInSanFran
19x5RobMCFCOB1
19x6BimboBobMancitydoogleBlueHammer85
19x7Bill WalkerRobMCFCmrbelfry
19x8
19x9OB1BimboBobOut on Blue 6

I was looking forward to your prose on how Zenyatta Mondatta and Fresh Fruit for Rotten Vegetables changed the course of musical history Fog.

On a slightly sour note didn't Against the Wind come out in that year as well?

Bloody hell, there's no need to nurture his sense of grievance any further! Anyway he'll be able to cover the So Cal punk scene in the discussion as I'll be focusing my efforts on the bigger issues of the day like Barry Manilow's waning fortunes and the fact it was a bit of a fallow year for David Essex.

I'm noting all of these down, and obviously it's great that you are enthusiastic to write up certain years but that's 4 years already and two in close proximity: 1969, 1973, 1975, 1981

It may well be that you get to write for all of these years but we'll have to bear in mind the balance if we start to get a lot of volunteers. I want to share the writing around as much as possible. Does that sound fair?

I'd say so. Lots of eager volunteers and lots of people liking the first post. Hopefully the momentum will continue to build as we get started properly.
That’s fine. Don’t want to stop other people contributing. My order of preference is 75, 81, 69, 73.

Also, I probably won’t want any years after the 80’s.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.