Rodney Marsh and Dennis Tueart

Rodney tells it as it is - always has. He is a gobshite, but he is the man with popularity among his contemporaries. He regards Tueart as two faced.
Tueart is the guy who viciously head butted a player on the pitch whom he was supposed to be buddies with. I find him odious - frequently regales anyone who'll listen about the fact that he's still the same weight as when he played pro. Twat.

the blue panther said:
Rodney tells it as it is - always has. He is a gobshite, but he is the man with popularity among his contemporaries. He regards Tueart as two faced.
Tueart is the guy who viciously head butted a player on the pitch whom he was supposed to be buddies with. I find him odious - frequently regales anyone who'll listen about the fact that he's still the same weight as when he played pro. Twat.

Yup, that's Tueart.

lancs blue said:
Tueart's Thunderbolt said:
Chapter 7 of Tueart's autobiography gives his side of the story.

Yes, two very opinionated people with different views on football, it was never going to be an easy relationship!

Hmmm

Funny how Tueart always seems to pop his head up in the media when there was/is good news at the club, and you never hear from him when there are bad times. Probably the same for Marsh though. Team players eh?

StanGibsonspitchfork said:
lancs blue said:
Tueart's Thunderbolt said:
Chapter 7 of Tueart's autobiography gives his side of the story.

Yes, two very opinionated people with different views on football, it was never going to be an easy relationship!

Hmmm

Funny how Tueart always seems to pop his head up in the media when there was/is good news at the club, and you never hear from him when there are bad times. Probably the same for Marsh though. Team players eh?

I'm not Marsh's spokesman, but, in fairness, he's barely been out of the media for 30 years - bit patchy since he got the boot from Sky a few years back, but never far away from the news, and never short of a comment when asked. Loves his own voice too much!

They are both immense egotists.
No room is big enough to have both of their big heads in.
The main difference between the two seems to be that Marsh has a sense of humour and can laugh at himself, while Tueart has no visible sense of humour seems to take himself very, very seriously at all times
Times journalist Mark Hodkinson's book Bluemoon, about our season in the second division, has a chapter about his meeting with Tueart, who was by then a director. He wasn't very complimentary about him at all

Ive met Marsh and Tueart. Whilst Dennis couldnt have been friendlier Marsh was an ignorant tw*t

Re: Rodney Marsh and Dennis Tueart

Don't know either of them personally (although Dennis Tueart was very helpful to friends of mine in sorting out signed shirt etc). On the field, Tueart was, and still is, my favourite City player. I saw Marsh play for us for 2 years, he turned in some brilliant performances at Maine Road, but like Tueart, he struggled in games away from home (City's away record mid 70's cost us trophies in my opinion). Tueart has always nailed his City colours to the mast in my opinion, Marsh certainly has time for us, but Tueart gets my vote......

tolmie's hairdoo said:
the blue panther said:

Yup, that's Tueart.

I've no axe to grind with Tueart but doesn't he refer to himself as Dennis in company i.e. he' say "Dennis will have the lamb" as opposed to "I'll have the lamb"? A very dodgy trait.

Anyhoo, Rodders is my all-time favourite City player and I find him amusing to follow on Twitter.

Me pal organised a little meet with Dennis to get him to sign one of his olde playing shirts...and then forgot to turn-up. After mulling it over he got him again on the blower, took the earful and Dennis drove to meet him and sign the shirt for fuck all your honour.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.