Rodney Marsh and Dennis Tueart

tolmie's hairdoo said:
the blue panther said:
Rodney tells it as it is - always has. He is a gobshite, but he is the man with popularity among his contemporaries. He regards Tueart as two faced.
Tueart is the guy who viciously head butted a player on the pitch whom he was supposed to be buddies with. I find him odious - frequently regales anyone who'll listen about the fact that he's still the same weight as when he played pro. Twat.

Yup, that's Tueart.

There is a chapter in Marsh's book "Priceless" when he describes his relationship with all his old City team mates. Surprisingly he respects Mike Doyle far more than we were led to believe.
If memory serves me correctly (and I'll have to check) there was an episode when the players wanted to complain about an incident and Marsh was elected as spokesman. I think it was something to do with Ian Macfarlane.
Tueart was upposed to back Marsh up, but kept quiet when the shit hit the fan.

we went to a supporters club meeting just before xmas where Tueart was doing a book signing and chat, my mates Dad asked Tueart about Marsh's impact on City when he turned up and Tueart did not hang back on telling everyone of his dislike for Marsh. He described him as lazy and unprofessional amongst other thing. I think it was simply a clash of personalities.

charliebigspuds said:
we went to a supporters club meeting just before xmas where Tueart was doing a book signing and chat, my mates Dad asked Tueart about Marsh's impact on City when he turned up and Tueart did not hang back on telling everyone of his dislike for Marsh. He described him as lazy and unprofessional amongst other thing. I think it was simply a clash of personalities.

Tueart signed 2 years after Marsh.....

Tueart in his book says he thought marsh had talent but not the work ethic he himself had. For that he took a dislike to him it seems.

Marsh the cocky likes a drink and a joke or tea total Denis. I know who I would go on a night out with.

On the pitch though Denis produced more for city.

the blue panther said:
Rodney tells it as it is - always has. He is a gobshite, but he is the man with popularity among his contemporaries. He regards Tueart as two faced.
Tueart is the guy who viciously head butted a player on the pitch whom he was supposed to be buddies with. I find him odious - frequently regales anyone who'll listen about the fact that he's still the same weight as when he played pro. Twat.

I suppose Dennis being a a respectable weight trumps Marsh being told he aint fit enough to perform in the City team ('you're fat do you know')...how fuckin embarassing from a paid professional.

Not old enough to remember seeing either of them play but, based on nothing more credible than the impression I get of them in the public eye, I judge them to be the following.

Marsh: bullshitting, mouthy clown. Has an opinion on everything and knowledge of very little.

Tueart: For whatever reason, I have always taken a dislike to him and had him down as a shifty, devious crank. I think it stems back to when he was on the board at City and I have some sort of memory of him talking complete bollocks about various subjects and coming across as trying to talk himself up at every opportunity (a fore runner for Mark Hughes, you might say). Seems to love himself every bit as Marsh loves himself.

Result: Draw. Both stopped at the end of the 4th round when the ring collapsed due to weight of massive egos and immense volume of bullshit being emitted by both.

But, as I say, that's based on no particular first hand knowledge whatsoever (which is ironic given the criticism of Marsh)

whoever says that they have met denis and has a bad word to say about him...has an agenda

one of the nicest blokes I know

dissapointed in TH for his thoughts on him, quite clearly agenda driven.

legend of a bloke on and off the pitch

I'm amazed that some bluers have made an opinion on someone they've met for one to two minutes then percieve them as being a cocky twat.

City 1 Chelsea 1 1971 said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
the blue panther said:

Yup, that's Tueart.

There is a chapter in Marsh's book "Priceless" when he describes his relationship with all his old City team mates. Surprisingly he respects Mike Doyle far more than we were led to believe.
If memory serves me correctly (and I'll have to check) there was an episode when the players wanted to complain about an incident and Marsh was elected as spokesman. I think it was something to do with Ian Macfarlane.
Tueart was upposed to back Marsh up, but kept quiet when the shit hit the fan.

Right story, but wrong book.

In "Loose Cannon" Marsh describes an incident in the changing room after City had drawn with Burnley 0-0 at Maine Road. According to Marsh, this concluded with the City Coach Ian Macfarlane twatting Tueart in front of the other players.
As the City Captain, Marsh was summoned to Swales's office the following Monday. He was asked for his opinion and he replied that Macfarlane was a lunatic. Unfortunately Swales went straight to Tony Book and Marsh was immediately stripped of the captaincy.
Marsh was pissed off because Tueart didn't back him up and they hardly spoke for the rest of his time at Maine Road.
When Marsh left City he went for a drink with Donachie, Royle and a few others. Tueart arrived late and Marsh refused his handshake.

Before anybody jumps to conclusions I'm not particularly bothered either way. I have fond memories of both their City careers and I've never had any reason to change my mind.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.