Rodri - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rodri was lauded on here last week for making 178/188 passes against West Ham. Some didn't like it when I pointed out that of the 10 incomplete passes, he gave the opposition at least 4 counter attacking opportunities and I suggested that against a better side we would get punished. It happened last night. As you say, in his position the margins are small, and he needs to wise up.
Fuckinell, mate, you’ve got some fucking standards! Are you the trap operator on a fucking aircraft carrier in your spare time?! ;-)

Where did I suggest that?

"Some of the comments in this thread, after a historic victory away to Madrid... hate to think what would have happened had we played against a decent side tonight with such a supposedly “average” player.

It really is difficult to understand some of our support at times."

Apologies if I have misconstrued your post but you talk about a historic victory and then it being difficult to understand our support having a go after a great win. I assumed you were referring to those (me included) who were not happy with his performance last night.

Rodri still has to find a release for the ball and fails to do properly - you have to know your outlets and he failed to choose wisely. It's shared no question as Ota gave him fewer options but that's your job as a pivot - to shepherd the defense and provide an outlet for attacks

For me, he should've gone wider rather than shift narrow & centrally leaving him with higher risk for error/turnover

Fuckinell, mate, you’ve got some fucking standards! Are you the trap operator on a fucking aircraft carrier in your spare time?! ;-)

:-)

I have those standards from watching Fern in that position. Thats not to say that Fern never made errors but 4 in a single game was quite an eye-opener. West Ham were so poor, they were unable to take advantage but it worried me that a better side would. It happened last night.

"Some of the comments in this thread, after a historic victory away to Madrid... hate to think what would have happened had we played against a decent side tonight with such a supposedly “average” player.

It really is difficult to understand some of our support at times."

Apologies if I have misconstrued your post but you talk about a historic victory and then it being difficult to understand our support having a go after a great win. I assumed you were referring to those (me included) who were not happy with his performance last night.
I am not sure how that post, in which I disagree with the many obtuse assessments of his performance in this and a few other threads, can be construed as “suggesting that because we got a fantastic victory, all of the team must have been really good?”

I think you are construing my post to mean what you need it to in order to make the point you want to make.

Rodri still has to find a release for the ball and fails to do properly - you have to know your outlets and he failed to choose wisely. It's shared no question as Ota gave him fewer options but that's your job as a pivot - to shepherd the defense and provide an outlet for attacks

For me, he should've gone wider rather than shift narrow & centrally leaving him with higher risk for error/turnover

I think that is a very, very harsh assessment, especially given you have provided the video that shows how Nico unnecessarily put him in a very difficult position to begin the sequence.

The only “better” place to take the ball once Nico played the pass was to attempt a sweeping ball to Dinho, and that would have also been risky due to Benzema’s press.

Has @ChicagoBlue has said, he was put in a position of only “bad choices” and was not able to overcome the plans position in this instance, against very good opposition, in contrast to the many other times he has overcome similar positions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.