Rodri - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

For those in front of the paywall:
With Wembley bathed in sunshine, Manchester City’s £63 million summer signing took a moment in possession to catch his breath, survey his options and, then, in an instant Roberto Firmino jumped out of the shadows to pinch the ball off his toes.

Liverpool were off, a rapier counter-attack promising much until the final flourish was thwarted by Claudio Bravo, who would come back to deny Jürgen Klopp’s side in the penalty shoot-out which settled a combustible Community Shield.

Rodri’s moment of unease stood out because otherwise he made a favourable first impression, suggesting City’s major signing of this summer has the potential to be an astute one.

Very promising. If that’s his staring point then I’m happy. Great introduction to the pace of the game here and there are no better pressers than Liverpool.

I bet he learned a shit load in that game.

Think he's more Barry than dinho, and I mean that as a good thing. Barry was mopping up for yaya a couple of years before we brought in dinho and he was never the all action kind of player.

He was caught in possession a couple of times early on but everything else was really encouraging and he grew into the pace of the game. I'm really fucking excited about him.

Definitely more Barry than Dinho. I'd like to see us get a more like for like Dinho replacement once the great man eventually hangs them up - it'll make sure we keep a nice balance.

I can't say I loved him as much as others here, but taking factors into consideration, it is his first competitive game. One thing I noticed when comparing to fern was how much slower we were breaking the press after goal kicks, he seemed to linger on the pass much longer, preferring to play back or sideways, rather than through the lines. At times I felt he was out of position and was dribbled past a bit too easy for my liking. But considering it took most of our players nearly a full season to gel under Pep, all in all he looks very promising. Just not the Dinho like for like replacement I initially expected. All in due time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.