Rodri - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
This guy looks the real deal to me. Impeccable awareness and passing between the lines. He will also offers something else from setpieces where we aren't brilliant at either end of the pitch.

Just read an article that called him weak in its headline and claimed: "Rodri certainly could be a vulnerable spot in the 2019/20 Premier League season.". Not sure if it was written by a Scouser or an idiot.

He did get caught and make one or two errors and he will need to adapt to a new team and league but he oozes quality and I expect him to be immense for us.

@fernandinho on Rodri: “He proved that he’s an excellent player. We will help him to adapt as quickly as possible and he’ll do everything he knows. The most important thing is that the player feels good, feels comfortable. I hope he can contribute a lot to our team.”

“He is a player who has a very good physique, has a very good technical quality and no doubt will get the way to play the Premier League and will be a very important player for us in the coming years, no doubt.”

Kevin De Bruyne believes Rodri will be the 'perfect fit' for Manchester City. [via @StuBrennanMEN]

“He did really well. He's a perfect fit for us. I think the way that we did transfers in the last years adds up. You see a lot of young talent coming in willing to play our style. I think that's what they're looking for and he's a perfect fit for us."

“I think he's the perfect defensive midfielder for the way we want to play. Our defensive midfielder is a really difficult position. You need certain players for it and there's not a lot of people who can do both sides of it

“I think the way he's performed in pre-season and in training has been phenomenal. To be the new guy and still be on this level is a good sign.”

Kevin De Bruyne believes Rodri will be the 'perfect fit' for Manchester City. [via @StuBrennanMEN]

“He did really well. He's a perfect fit for us. I think the way that we did transfers in the last years adds up. You see a lot of young talent coming in willing to play our style. I think that's what they're looking for and he's a perfect fit for us."

“I think he's the perfect defensive midfielder for the way we want to play. Our defensive midfielder is a really difficult position. You need certain players for it and there's not a lot of people who can do both sides of it

“I think the way he's performed in pre-season and in training has been phenomenal. To be the new guy and still be on this level is a good sign.”
Spoken like a true captain !

I thought he was very good yesterday.

He looked as though he had a lot of time and that is a sign of class. Once he gets used to the speed of the Premier League and is fully match-fit, he will be a monster for us, I’m sure.

And his height is an added bonus too.

Definitely more Barry than Dinho. I'd like to see us get a more like for like Dinho replacement once the great man eventually hangs them up - it'll make sure we keep a nice balance.

That will be a gargantuan task and one I’m not sure even Txiki and our scouting network are capable of fulfilling.

He doesn't play the kind of position where it's easy to make an instant first impression. The job he has to do isn't as exciting as others but it's integral to how we play. I think he looked more than up to the job. Obviously it'll take a bit of time to settle and get used to how the team plays but I was really happy with him. Looking forward to seeing him grow into the role this season.
He plays in a position where it's very easy to make a first impression, but a lot more difficult to make a good one.

Last edited:
He was great against Liverpool. A few errors yes, but his first start and against the ’champions of Europe’. He will be a fantastic player, one could tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.