Rodri - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching that video, he'll be great once the full squad is around him. It's easier to fit into an already well oiled machii. Here he is playing with a bunch of guys who normally don't play together.

I don't think there was a single player who played next to someone they played with constantly last season in the starting 11.

Getting him to learn for a season or two off Fernandinho will be extremely valuable. No doubt Pep will get him to study Fern like a hawk

I think it will take him a little time to adjust and we should ease him into like we did Bernardo. Fern is still the best DM in this league

Getting him to learn for a season or two off Fernandinho will be extremely valuable. No doubt Pep will get him to study Fern like a hawk

I think it will take him a little time to adjust and we should ease him into like we did Bernardo. Fern is still the best DM in this league

It wouldn’t surprise me if Pep uses both of them together in certain situations, such as against the buswreckers or Spurs and in the latter stages of the CL.

Two things that are immediately transparent from that video is that his initial instinct is to play the ball forward or out wide quickly, often ignoring the easier short pass either backwards or to the side. If that continues into league business, we’ll be much faster into sides, even if they are sitting, but he’ll sometimes give the ball away with riskier passes. That will be an interesting thing to watch in his game.

Got to give him time but he looked a lot more pedestrian than I expected. More Garcia than Ferna. Whilst he’ll be Fernandinho’s replacement I’m not sure he’s his style of player. You can’t underestimate Fernandinho’s contribution to City and that performance against Liverpool in January was one of the best I’ve ever seen by a City player. Big boots to fill.

I'm confused as to why people thought someone called "the next busquets" would be running all over the place like Fernandinho.

Have you ever seen Busquets sprinting around like a mad man? No.

Rodrigo will improve off the ball as he gets used to his surroundings and teammates, but he's a different style of player to Fernandinho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.