Rodri - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Despite the danger of being repetitious and raggy, I will say this...

He is better than Busquets, as he is more physical and has better vision, especially in the context of the Premier League.

Has all of the makings to be the best DM in the world.
Rodri is pure class but I don't know what you mean with "context of the premier league".
It's just football mate. There's no pixie dust.
Despite all the propaganda the postition Rodri plays is VERY challenging in Spain.
Maybe that's why he looks so mature at 23. As did Busquets, Xavi, Xavi Alonso and so on.
Quality doesn't get forged in an easy environment.

Loved that pass through to Gundo late in the game. Fernandinho has made those 'pitching wedge' passes over the top a bit of a speciality from deep midfield in this team, see

If he can add in a few of those that get converted and maybe score a few himself from set pieces then he is going to go the next level.

He already looks very comfortable in the team, the stats speak for themselves.

Rodri is pure class but I don't know what you mean with "context of the premier league".
It's just football mate. There's no pixie dust.
Despite all the propaganda the postition Rodri plays is VERY challenging in Spain.
Maybe that's why he looks so mature at 23. As did Busquets, Xavi, Xavi Alonso and so on.
Quality doesn't get forged in an easy environment.
I’ve been watching La Liga (and Segunda, unfortunately...) all my life, mate, as I am part Spanish (family from Zaragoza) and, while I agree the position is very challenging in Spain, it is absolutely not the exact same challenge as in England. Football is football on the basic level, yes, but it is not the same everywhere, in every league, in every club, otherwise everyone could do what we do. There are nuanced variations between many leagues and the Premier League tends to be more physical than Spain, while Spain tends to be more technical.

We were fortunate he came through Villareal’s academy, as they tend to emphasise both characteristics. And his short time under Simeone would have helped with his readiness for the English game, as well. He was already a Pep player (probably nearer to birth than now), but he is a Pep Premier League player now.

I am sure @spanishblue can add to this, as well.

Brilliant again. So assured and can smell the danger. Positioning is top notch for a still relatively young player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.