#16 | Rodri - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great performance today but same issue as with CL. Lapses in concentration, lost Coady for Wolves goal, was responsible for giving away the free kick too. Also some other very silly fouls that allowed them to look dangerous before we scored the 2nd.

Aside that largely good in posession and distribution the obvious highlight.
mahrez was the blocker, he ended up 30 yards behind cody, we play a zonal defence on corners and free kicks, nobody had a chance once cody running full pelt and have to say with utter determination ran over mahrez in was on to the back line and onto a great ball in.

There's a different between soft and tactical. Fernandinho is snide when he does it and gets away. Look at where he mostly commits them fouls. It's usually in a far less dangerous area. Even if we discount that losing Coady on the set piece to head home is still poor. Rodri still has to learn the dark arts and I've no doubt he'll learn them in time.

Dinho gives fouls away in bad areas.

DI think there can be some Blue Tinted lenses when it comes to Dihno. But dislike? Far from it

I often push back against claims I believe are untrue regardless of who it's about.

I have always liked Dihno. But I like facts and truth more than I do myths.

I'll admit my general objection to re-signing older players might come of as anti- Dihno. But it's not. It's a general principle about football.

And in reality, that would presume I hate every City legend. As legends often stay long enough to get old.

Thought Yaya was 2 years too long, Dave a year too long, Aguero is 2 years too long and Dihno a year too long. These are some of our greatest legends. I don't hate them, I just don't think seeing a lesser version of them at the end of their career is good for either them or the club.

But that's a different story... But I don't dislike Dihno.
Dinho has been on of our best players this season. He isnt slowing down

For a man who claims to like facts that some amount of shit you just posted

He was our best player last season, arguably. I'd give him another year 100%, we dont have anyone to rest Rodri if he goes

Great performance today but same issue as with CL. Lapses in concentration, lost Coady for Wolves goal, was responsible for giving away the free kick too. Also some other very silly fouls that allowed them to look dangerous before we scored the 2nd.

Aside that largely good in posession and distribution the obvious highlight.

The first goal is 100% on Dias for dropping the offside trap. Absolutely clear as day, easy stuff. Everyone is holding the line, Dias goes early, plays the Wolves players including Coady onside. Nothing to do with Rodri.

@peace frog is correct that Mahrez fucks up the block, and that's probably what spooks Dias into dropping too soon, but if he holds the line like everyone else, they're all offside and harmless.

Fernandinho has done very well this season when he's played, but to suggest he's been one of our best players is a bit of a disingenuous claim.
Hes one of the best players on the field every time he plays. Not flashy, just getting business done. Always.

He is always a 7 out of 10 minimum

He's been very good in almost every game he's played, but he's not been one of our best players this season, regardless.
He has. He always is. He is our most important player

He is the biggest voice in the dressing room. Pep adores him.

We need all the leaders we can get

He has. He always is. He is our most important player

He is the biggest voice in the dressing room. Pep adores him.

We need all the leaders we can get
Many things here are true, with the exception of the idea that he has been one of our best players, despite how well he has played.

I'd rate Dias, Stones, Ederson, Gundogan, Walker (based off of his pre-COVID form), Bernardo, De Bruyne, Rodri, and Cancelo all above him strictly on performances this season. And those are just the less contentious choices. I can't in good faith say a player that's featured in just over half of our games this season has been one of our best players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.