Rodri Understudy

Usual persecution complex bullshit, look at the PFA award nominations thread and you’ll find plenty of people convincing themselves City players never get any awards despite us winning something like 14 of the last 20 major individual awards in English football.

Rodri and Fernandinho both have reputations among other fans as never getting cards they deserve and taking the piss with tactical fouls. It’s called being a good DM.
Every time I get 'frisked' by security on my way in I always tell 'em "I'm as clean as a Ferny tackle!' Occaionally I switch to a 'Danny Tiatto tackle'!

If there`s any truth to Saudi clubs going as high as 40m (as per Tolmie) for him, that`s surely a reason. Probably 4 times more than what we would get from a PL club next year
No truth whatsoever, the first time he whips it out it will be off, would you take the chance?

Where does this perception come from? We've had fewer yellows than any other team this year havent we?
We have, we also have the most possession, a foul every 3 minutes approximately when out of it and a booking about every 4th foul, that is where the perception comes from, the ref stops the game for virtually every foul City have committed, he waves on the opposition fouls approximately 4 times a match,Guimares is the most fouled player in the league,we have seen what happened to Grealish, he is also one of the dirtiest, far more so than Rodri.

We have, we also have the most possession, a foul every 3 minutes approximately when out of it and a booking about every 4th foul, that is where the perception comes from, the ref stops the game for virtually every foul City have committed, he waves on the opposition fouls approximately 4 times a match,Guimares is the most fouled player in the league,we have seen what happened to Grealish, he is also one of the dirtiest, far more so than Rodri.
Agree that our amount of possession is going to impact that statistic, but if you're factoring that in along with how we play, i'd also argue that a lot of our fouls are tactical ones and they are worthy of a yellow. Not especially nasty or dangerous but i don't think we get more harsh yellows than any other team.

Agree that our amount of possession is going to impact that statistic, but if you're factoring that in along with how we play, i'd also argue that a lot of our fouls are tactical ones and they are worthy of a yellow. Not especially nasty or dangerous but i don't think we get more harsh yellows than any other team.
A lot of our fouls are tactical, very few are dirty, but that applies to all teams, when we play Burnley for example, do they put the foot in to slow and reorganize? of course they do, and they do it more than us, but they do not get booked for the tactical foul, as they are getting booked for the dirty foul.
It is far easier to see a tactical foul against an attacking side especially in transition, as for harsh yellows look at Bobb, the BBC described it as a bad foul, i can not see a foul but it does not even fit a tactical foul, as the player was going across the field not towards the goal.
Pretty sure we hold the record for most yellows for simulation in a season 7 and 6 were wrong.

I’m going to get pelters for this but the guy Berg at Burnley could probably do an adequate job AND accept the understudy role

A lot of our fouls are tactical, very few are dirty, but that applies to all teams, when we play Burnley for example, do they put the foot in to slow and reorganize? of course they do, and they do it more than us, but they do not get booked for the tactical foul, as they are getting booked for the dirty foul.
It is far easier to see a tactical foul against an attacking side especially in transition, as for harsh yellows look at Bobb, the BBC described it as a bad foul, i can not see a foul but it does not even fit a tactical foul, as the player was going across the field not towards the goal.
Pretty sure we hold the record for most yellows for simulation in a season 7 and 6 were wrong.
We don't foul. The refs are corrupt.

I’m going to get pelters for this but the guy Berg at Burnley could probably do an adequate job AND accept the understudy role
Defensively very, very solid. Offensively and passing, not so, but that could be due to the system he plays in and his role in it!
Good shout out!

We don't foul. The refs are corrupt.
Of course we foul, but we pressurize more, the aim is to force a mistake more than tackle, there is a saying ` if everyone in the team makes a foul, none will be booked, but if one player makes 10 fouls he will be` a high portion of City`s bookings are first fouls.

Of course we foul, but we pressurize more, the aim is to force a mistake more than tackle, there is a saying ` if everyone in the team makes a foul, none will be booked, but if one player makes 10 fouls he will be` a high portion of City`s bookings are first fouls.
All I'm saying is I've been watching City for over 30 years and I've never ever seen a City player foul the opposition. Not even Thatcher. The refs are out to get us is all.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.