Rodri Understudy

I think personally we are going for more someone who can also play alongside Rodri. But also I think if we had another DM - Rodri could potentially play more box to box like we have seen at times with Kova depending on the player bought.

DM’s I’d consider:

Adam Wharton (Palace would apparently accept a big offer)
Joao Neves (seems such a natural fit for City)
Bruno Guimaraes (price only issue)
Kimmich (excellent - would be interesting to see how Pep would use him tactically)
Alan Varela - (having a great season at Porto - good on the ball
Florentino Luis (Fernandinho destroyer type DM)
Douglas Luiz (again only issue is price - we know his quality - Villa need to move on assets with FFP so deal possible)
Teun Koopmeiners - very much a multi-phase midfielder - key player for Atalanta - Dutch international)

The lad from Palace is absolutely mustard. Unfortunately the bloggers and stattos haven't missed him so he will be hugely expensive. But my God he is some player, Rodri regen, plays like a 28 year old with 100 caps.

The lad from Palace is absolutely mustard. Unfortunately the bloggers and stattos haven't missed him so he will be hugely expensive. But my God he is some player, Rodri regen, plays like a 28 year old with 100 caps.

Yeah Wharton is already some player but I imagine Palace would be tempted at £60m ish?

Wharton is good but calling him a Rodri regen is premature. I need to see more than a good long ball to compare him to the best midfielder in the world who hasn't lost a single match in 70+ fixtures.

I rate Wharton though, just want to see more from him. A couple years under Pep and Rodri would turn him into an absolute baller.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.