Rodri Understudy

Not sure its possible to get an understudy. Someone wit the necessary ability and profile would never sign up to play 10 mins at the end of 5 games a season in the PL and to play Caraboa and FA Cup footall until the semis.
And there lies the problem, no experienced, quality player is going to sit behind Mr Dependable, the vast amount could never hit his heights. Kimmich would do the same as Phillips. So we take what is Rodri`s weaker points Youth, pace, tenacity, tackling. and we buy alternative, who can play alongside when needed, god knows who that is though, maybe Grey?

I do not know why i said Grey? i do like him, but he does not, go get the ball much, he always seems to wait for it. the lad at Schalke seems much more up for it, Ouedraogo, will never be a Bellingham, but does have a bit of him.

And there lies the problem, no experienced, quality player is going to sit behind Mr Dependable, the vast amount could never hit his heights. Kimmich would do the same as Phillips. So we take what is Rodri`s weaker points Youth, pace, tenacity, tackling. and we buy alternative, who can play alongside when needed, god knows who that is though, maybe Grey?
Can we not survive with Lewis/Kovacic/maybe Gvardiol who could do a job a handful of times a season in the league and some league cup games??

I think the best solution to the rodri problem is to move him into the gundogan role in the 3 and bring in an energetic, fernandinho type to play at the base of the 3 as first choice.

That way, if the new fernandinho-esque needs a rest, rodri drops in and we have plenty of more attacking midfielders to fill that role. If rodri needs a rest, same thing.

Rodri is so good that pushing him forward a bit would lend itself into peps evolve every year mantra too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.