Rodrigo Hernandez - Atletico confirm deal - p192

Status
Not open for further replies.
CL is the biggest trophy of them all and we blew an amazing chance to win it.
It's okay wanting more from the team in that competition.
Even Pep said he wanted to win back to back PL titles,that was HIS priority and given the fact that most Blue Mooners couldn`t actually give a fuck about the CL,speaks volumes.
I for one was more than happy with the amount and types of silverware we ended up with.

So you think that if we had Rhodri then we would have won everything?

Is it nice on your planet?

Not him specifically, just any proper defensive midfielder who could cover for Fernandinho in big games. We could've gone far at least. In Europe. We are always consistent and amazing in the league, I'm not even saying we could have won it all. Maybe if we go far in CL we stumble in the league given the fixture load. But it is eventually something we have to try and win. And we've recruited well now to go for it.

CL is the biggest trophy of them all and we blew an amazing chance to win it.
It's okay wanting more from the team in that competition.
You are right. We do want more from the team in the CL. But the league comes first. Anything else is icing on the cake. I wouldn't want to win the CL and come, say, second in the league.

Even Pep said he wanted to win back to back PL titles,that was HIS priority and given the fact that most Blue Mooners couldn`t actually give a fuck about the CL,speaks volumes.
I for one was more than happy with the amount and types of silverware we ended up with.

And so am I lol but that being said CL is something we should still be striving for? Is that a crime to want that? Is it a crime to have regrets over CL loss to Spurs?

Not seen a lot of Rodri to be honest, but read an article on Skysports and Terry Gibson raves about him. Really looking forward to seeing him play and hopefully he will settle in quickly.

You are right. We do want more from the team in the CL. But the league comes first. Anything else is icing on the cake. I wouldn't want to win the CL and come, say, second in the league.

Fair enough, i just think Europe poses an entirely different challenge and you need players fully fit and in form for that competition, obviously along with luck, which we've not had. It just makes easier to rest some key players like say, Fernandinho, and have a direct replacement for him who can fill in for other games, instead of having to rely on Gündogan, or forcing Fernandinho into the game because of how crucial it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.