Rodrigo Hernandez - Atletico confirm deal - p192

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn’t sound like he’s rushing to come does it?

To be fair to him Atletico are the third biggest club in his home country, always in the CL, and when Busquets retires who knows.

Elite Spanish players are more likely to end up at the Camp Nou or Bernabeu. Easier to sign non spanish players from there I reckon.

Doesn’t sound like he’s rushing to come does it?

Is that honestly a bad thing though?

This is not just a football career, it is his life also. Maybe he is thinking from a footballing perspective this is the right move for his career, but you also have to weigh up everything else besides football. Will he be happy living in England? Will he be happy living in a country where the weather isn't great? Will he adapt to being away from most of his family and friends? It isn't just a straight forward decision, he is human after all.

To be fair to him Atletico are the third biggest club in his home country, always in the CL, and when Busquets retires who knows.

Elite Spanish players are more likely to end up at the Camp Nou or Bernabeu. Easier to sign non spanish players from there I reckon.

Barcelona signing Frenkie de Jong, same age, suggests it's only Real Madrid in that case, which as a cross-town move, and direct to boot, would also have its difficulties.

Hope we have sounded out our alternatives for this.Cant have one more season without Fernandinho replacement.We stretched as far as we could,now we need someone

giphy.gif

I think against anyone outside of the top 4/6, I would be happy to see Gundogan play pivot.

Against the parked bus he is perfect.

Whilst I do think long term we need to look for a Fernandinho replacement, I do think if we manage his games correctly next season it would not be the end of the world if we had him and Gundogan rotating.

If anything, I think Pep should have played Gundogan more in that pivot role last season, especially in the first 5/6 months of the season.

Towards the end of the season he played that role with ease against sides we knew we could dominate 60% of the game.

I think against anyone outside of the top 4/6, I would be happy to see Gundogan play pivot.

Against the parked bus he is perfect.

Whilst I do think long term we need to look for a Fernandinho replacement, I do think if we manage his games correctly next season it would not be the end of the world if we had him and Gundogan rotating.

If anything, I think Pep should have played Gundogan more in that pivot role last season, especially in the first 5/6 months of the season.

Towards the end of the season he played that role with ease against sides we knew we could dominate 60% of the game.

The problem is Fern has missed more games recently- probably as a direct consequence of his over use and Gundogan has been incredibly unlucky with injuries in his time with us. On balance I think it’s time to bring someone else in to cover the DM position. We could get through next season without Gundogan or Fernandinho picking up a serious injury - but not sure we should take the chance.

Got to think if Rodri actually makes it here it significantly ups our chances of Gundo resigning. I think he doesn't want to play Fern's position and if there's a legitimate back up there he'll sign on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.