Rodri's strike comment

Nice bit of wumming Johnny but you should learn from malg because he's an expert in the art of wummery; )

Ha sorry I don’t follow - I haven’t read most of this thread, just seen a lot of those sorts of comments on social media etc over the last couple of days and it does my head in.

No offence to any plumbers in the thread.

(They probably earn more than premier league footballers anyway the robbing cunts)

Guess those who disagree with Rodri (and also with Pep who has complained about the amount of games for years now) don't fully understand what Rodri and Pep actually say.

If people don't like the wages and life style of elite footballers then they are free to follow and watch non-elite players or other sports. Nobody forces you to watch Rodri, Haaland and KDB.

Based on the disgustingly exhorbitant wages their agents negotiate for all of them these days I have absolutely ZERO sympathy I'm afraid.
It's got nothing to do with money. If we want players to perform at their peak, they have to play less games. If we want to run them into the ground, we have them play more games. It's fairly simple.

perhaps the players will stop playing for unimportant national team competitions but then they will lose some money with their commercial partners/contracts..in 10-15 years you will not have a better social standing because you played x-time for your country...no one has sympathy for millionaires who are crying...perhaps form a union & behave/act like NFL/NBA unions/players (they went on strike many times over the last centuries)

in his Bdor campaign Rodri has a lot to say...perhaps one day he will tell us why he didn`t take a pen in the CLQF against real...before that i don´t really care what he has to say to anything

He's right.

All these morons going on about "you should try being a plumber working 6 days a week mate" completely fail to grasp the need for proper recovery periods between intense exercise to avoid long term health issues and chronic injury. Anyone who's done any sort of sport knows that. You need to taper your intensity and if you're playing 3 days a week every week that's simply not possible.

That's pure biology and simply paying someone more doesn't change that.

Rodri more than anyone has a right to grumble considering he's basically been run into the ground over the last two years thanks to the club fucking up in the transfer market on his backup.
Not just the physical side, the mental issues for top players is huge, after a big game most of them will get little or no sleep after, adrenaline rush and all that.

Burn out from the top players is and will be an ongoing issue, again this has fuck all to do with their wages.

perhaps the players will stop playing for unimportant national team competitions but then they will lose some money with their commercial partners/contracts..in 10-15 years you will not have a better social standing because you played x-time for your country...no one has sympathy for millionaires who are crying...perhaps form a union & behave/act like NFL/NBA unions/players (they went on strike many times over the last centuries)

in his Bdor campaign Rodri has a lot to say...perhaps one day he will tell us why he didn`t take a pen in the CLQF against real...before that i don´t really care what he has to say to anything
That’s because you’re about as blue as Ronald fucking McDonald.

I've little sympathy for modern day players claiming they are overworked by playing too many games. Makes me think of the days when players used to play nearly every game back in the day on muddy and icy pitches unlike nowadays where most PL are kept like bowling greens all year, and only one substitution was allowed. Liverpool players played more games than anyone but I never heard any of them complaining, they just got on with it.
It’s not just that. It’s the pre season that starts, in some cases, 2 weeks after the end of the season. Newcastle and Spurs were in Australia playing each other in June this year. Add to that international comps.

It doesn’t matter if they’re paid £1 or £100,000, the human body and mind has its limits. The money argument, which I know you’ve not put but it’s out there today, is a nonsense.

Too many games.

It's got nothing to do with money. If we want players to perform at their peak, they have to play less games. If we want to run them into the ground, we have them play more games. It's fairly simple.
If they want the big wages they are on clubs have to generate more money and one way of doing that is playing more games in the big competitions

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.