Rodri's strike comment

Hilarious to hear two total wasters like Alan Brazil and Paul Merson slagging off Rodri. Two of the most unprofessional clowns to pull on a football shirt. Two people who pissed their careers away on drink and drugs. This is the parallel universe we live in where morons like them can condemn a consummate professional elite sportsman like Rodri.

Hilarious to hear two total wasters like Alan Brazil and Paul Merson slagging off Rodri. Two of the most unprofessional clowns to pull on a football shirt. Two people who pissed their careers away on drink and drugs. This is the parallel universe we live in where morons like them can condemn a consummate professional elite sportsman like Rodri.

Every word man.

You want the very best players on the planet to perform to their absolute maximum then you don’t run them into the ground by over playing.
It’s pretty straightforward.

Far too many games for the top players.

This has nothing to do with the wages they get, nor the physicality, it's mentally exhausting to be playing at the very highest level every 3 days and then only getting a 3 week break.

Rodri's point about Haaland and the difference in him due to a long summer break was so telling and so very true and we also witnessed that with KDB and having an enforced break from the game last season.

I've little sympathy for modern day players claiming they are overworked by playing too many games. Makes me think of the days when players used to play nearly every game back in the day on muddy and icy pitches unlike nowadays where most PL are kept like bowling greens all year, and only one substitution was allowed. Liverpool players played more games than anyone but I never heard any of them complaining, they just got on with it.

I've little sympathy for modern day players claiming they are overworked by playing too many games. Makes me think of the days when players used to play nearly every game back in the day on muddy and icy pitches unlike nowadays where most PL are kept like bowling greens all year, and only one substitution was allowed. Liverpool players played more games than anyone but I never heard any of them complaining, they just got on with it.
How many games over the season was that though?
I’m pretty sure they weren’t playing up to 75/80 a season including international games.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.