Rodri's strike comment

I noticed Simon Stone on the BBC feed was creating a negative vibe about Rodri's comment and they were subsequently posting all the negative reactions to it (the Rodri comment).
Akanji last week and they opened HYS, Rodri this week and another HYS, typical BBC bias. Dont recall them asking this of a Rag or any other of thier favourite red shirts

I’m assuming if there were less games then the players would also be happy to take wage cuts due to the loss of revenue the clubs would experience? Somehow I doubt it
I am sure they would. They get bonus money for games played. This is about fitness levels and the risk of injury. How often do boxers fight? Footballers are elite athletes and must have proper recovery time. The football authorities are total arseholes.

"Rodri on whether players would ever consider going on strike, if the number of games they are asked to play continues to increase: "Yes, I think we are close to that. It is easy to understand. In general, if you ask any player he will say the same. It is not like it is just the opinion of Rodri, or whoever. I think it is a general opinion of the players, and if it keeps this way, it will be a moment where we have no other option. Let's see. I don't know what is going to happen but it is something that worries us because we are the guys that suffer."

What do you think, I think there is an argument that the clubs should be responsible for ensuring players are happy and rotate?

I get the sentiment, way too many games but please, no fucker is forcing you to play football professionally at this level for £200k a week.

Strike, leave the game if it’s all too much for you but it’s got to something when you want a lifestyle and money football provides but you don’t want to play anymore than 1 game a week.

There's so many players that many good players don't get a chance to even play regularly, mean they can play 2 different teams for most midweek games and one for weekend games, sort of alternate but retain if necessary some key players, they can also cut down on training days. I mean we only trained twice a week and most of us were superfit. Too much training can also burn you out plus it becomes boring.

When you volunteer to play over 15 games for your country you can't really be asked to be taken seriously for your club asking you to play games.

We could start by asking players to put club before country.
This was where my thoughts immediately jumped to.

I remember Vinny getting constant injuries towards the back end of his career. We would nurse him back to fitness, he would play his first game back for his country and be injured for weeks again.

Players should be fucking off these shit no mark friendly fixtures for their country before they consider refusing to play for their employers.

Been thinking about this and maybe the soltion is limit the number of competitive games a player can play for a club in a calendar year? I don't know what that limit should be but may be worth considering??

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.