Rodri's strike comment

perhaps the players will stop playing for unimportant national team competitions but then they will lose some money with their commercial partners/contracts..in 10-15 years you will not have a better social standing because you played x-time for your country...no one has sympathy for millionaires who are crying...perhaps form a union & behave/act like NFL/NBA unions/players (they went on strike many times over the last centuries)

in his Bdor campaign Rodri has a lot to say...perhaps one day he will tell us why he didn`t take a pen in the CLQF against real...before that i don´t really care what he has to say to anything
Follow a different team, you dont deserve him or any of the others

perhaps the players will stop playing for unimportant national team competitions but then they will lose some money with their commercial partners/contracts..in 10-15 years you will not have a better social standing because you played x-time for your country...no one has sympathy for millionaires who are crying...perhaps form a union & behave/act like NFL/NBA unions/players (they went on strike many times over the last centuries)

in his Bdor campaign Rodri has a lot to say...perhaps one day he will tell us why he didn`t take a pen in the CLQF against real...before that i don´t really care what he has to say to anything
Personally I don't give a fuck what you say.
As for Rod not taking a penalty..maybe he didn't feel confident..it happens.

What's the solution here then Rodders? Play fewer games?
Fewer games means less revenue for the club so would players be open to a pay cut if it meant playing fewer games?

I thought you had to play for your country ?
If they felt strongly about it they could play in such a way that they wouldn't be selected again. In fact, if the charges go against us then I'd hope our English players refuse to play for England, the reason being that how could they play for a country that disrespect the club that produced them.

I've little sympathy for modern day players claiming they are overworked by playing too many games. Makes me think of the days when players used to play nearly every game back in the day on muddy and icy pitches unlike nowadays where most PL are kept like bowling greens all year, and only one substitution was allowed. Liverpool players played more games than anyone but I never heard any of them complaining, they just got on with it.
Olden days football is about as good as League 2 level, and that’s being generous.

2024 City playing at their absolute maximum for 90 minutes, would beat 1968 City about 12-0 and the Liverpool sides from the 70s/80s that won four European Cups about 9-0.

2024 City playing at olden days football intensity, would be able to play 1968 City and 70s/80s Liverpool back-to-back in 180 minutes in one go. It’d be piss easy for them.

They wouldn’t be able to keep up with the intensity and athleticism nor the skill level or tactical level of today’s team, it’s on another stratosphere to back then. The olden days teams would need two weeks off to recover after playing 90 minutes against modern day City. Olden days football was slow, sprinting, fitness and skill levels were poor, defending was basic, there was no pressing…

Last edited:
The quality of the time off is also shite. I put in my last comment that Rodri got 54 days off but let’s be honest, for a month of that he was touring China, Japan and South Korea. So he’s not resting away from football with his friends and family, he’s in a hotel room, training and doing club sponsor/publicity commitments with the same blokes he’s supposed to be getting a break from.

Rest is where the players should start, and I think they have this in the collective bargaining agreements you see in American sports, so there may be some precedent. there’s set periods of time where the players aren’t allowed to train or do club duties, it is actually time off.
100% agree with this

‘Crying’? How old are you? He’s not ‘crying’ (nor was Bernardo when he said the same thing last week). He’s making a point.

They’re already in a union, they’re in the Professional Footballers Association (PFA), which is the Trade Union for footballers who play in England and Wales.

Your last paragraph is moronic.

International friendles
International Euros/World Cup qualification (make the Nations League and previous Euros/WC performances the qualification criteria)

England have played about 1 friendly a year since the Nations League was brought in, and I think all of those have been Pre-tournament warm ups.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.