Roger Waters/Pink Floyd

Interesting, never knew that about what sounds like his ocd traits, but having read a few biogs of the band it kind of fits I guess.
As a huge fan on Animals, that set list wouldn’t bother me though.

Bigger picture, what is bizarre is his relative reluctance to play live for many years, then making up for it big time in the last 20 years. Mind you, a few bands have followed that pattern...
.. anyone would think bands didn’t make much cash from album sales any more.

They don't make as much as they used too, mainly due to reduction in sales, streaming, copying etc has had a massive affect.

Touring has become far more lucrative than ever, just look at the size of arena and stadium audiences and the average ticket price is £70 for an established act who don't even bother putting out new music, farewell tour's, greatest hits tour, album anniversary tours. Bands are making more money out of merchandise than album sales.

They don't make as much as they used too, mainly due to reduction in sales, streaming, copying etc has had a massive affect.

Touring has become far more lucrative than ever, just look at the size of arena and stadium audiences and the average ticket price is £70 for an established act who don't even bother putting out new music, farewell tour's, greatest hits tour, album anniversary tours. Bands are making more money out of merchandise than album sales.

Indeed. I prefer younger tribute bands nowadays rather than 70 yr olds in a heritage act. They often sound more like the original, a third of the cost, and a shorter queue for the bar!

They'll never reform...

Got tickets for Nick Mason's Saucerful of Secrets at the Apollo for next May. Next best thing I suppose.

Although they better not do any Spandau Ballet..

Interesting, never knew that about what sounds like his ocd traits, but having read a few biogs of the band it kind of fits I guess.
As a huge fan on Animals, that set list wouldn’t bother me though.

Bigger picture, what is bizarre is his relative reluctance to play live for many years, then making up for it big time in the last 20 years. Mind you, a few bands have followed that pattern...
.. anyone would think bands didn’t make much cash from album sales any more.

He can't need the money. I'd imagine just the radio play royalties for DSOTM on US classic rock stations is enough to live on. Although I do wonder why he is only going to play in America next year.

He can't need the money. I'd imagine just the radio play royalties for DSOTM on US classic rock stations is enough to live on. Although I do wonder why he is only going to play in America next year.
Will be a shame if Waters doesn't add UK dates next year as I doubt he has many tours left. Did you manage to get a copy of his latest album mate?

perhaps because he spent 2018 in Europe, Australasia, South America and Mexico after spending 2017 in the US.

This is a new tour so will probably follow the same format.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.