Roger Waters/Pink Floyd

Waters is a man of many talents. I was amazed to see him managing Columbia for last night's game.

I'm going to see him on Saturday so I really need England to win and do so in normal time.
Would be great if England win in normal time mate.

You'll no doubt enjoy Waters, he still has it. For me, the quality of the gig was so tight that it was like listening to the tracks as they were when recorded years ago. But of course, no lead guitarist can play and sing like Gilmour, although lead guitarist and vocals were as good as could be in Gilmour's absence.

The set list perhaps would have been better received had he chose 'Wish You Were Here' and 'Shine On You Crazy Diamond', instead of 'Dogs'and 'pigs'(3 different ones), but Roger bastardised the lyrics to mock Trump instead of Mary Whitehouse, with various message displayed on a recreation of the Animals album cover, with 'resist' this 'resist' that.
Comfortably Numb had thousands of tombola sized tickets with resist wrote on them hailing down from the ceiling.

The light set and prism of DSOFM album cover, plus the obligatory giant inflatable Pig were impressive, in what was a very enjoyable gig.

Waters gigs aren't cheap, but they say you get what you pay for and I didn't feel short changed for what(IMO) was a visual and audible masterpiece.

For an artist that isn't mainstream, not many can pack Wembley football stadium to capacity 3 nights running, but Waters has and can still do so.

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/roger-waters/2018/manchester-arena-manchester-england-3ea7113.html

Last edited:

You'll no doubt enjoy Waters, he still has it. For me, the quality of the gig was so tight that it was like listening to the tracks as they were when recorded years ago. But of course, no lead guitarist can play and sing like Gilmour, although lead guitarist and vocals were as good as could be in Gilmour's absence.

The set list perhaps would have been better received had he chose 'Wish You Were Here' and 'Shine On You Crazy Diamond', instead of 'Dogs'and 'pigs'(3 different ones), but Roger bastardised the lyrics to mock Trump instead of Mary Whitehouse, with various message displayed on a recreation of the Animals album cover, with 'resist' this 'resist' that.
Comfortably Numb had thousands of tombola sized tickets with resist wrote on them hailing down from the ceiling.

The light set and prism of DSOFM album cover, plus the obligatory giant inflatable Pig were impressive, in what was a very enjoyable gig.

Waters gigs aren't cheap, but they say you get what you pay for and I didn't feel short changed for what(IMO) was a visual and audible masterpiece.

For an artist that isn't mainstream, not many can pack Wembley football stadium to capacity 3 nights running, but Waters has and can still do so.

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/roger-waters/2018/manchester-arena-manchester-england-3ea7113.html

I wish I’d have gone. Couldn’t get anyone to come but at the end of the day.. you don’t talk to anyone at a gig

I wish I’d have gone. Couldn’t get anyone to come but at the end of the day.. you don’t talk to anyone at a gig
He still has London and Birmingham gigs to do, so you still have chance mate. He's not getting any younger and this may be his last tour, so go see him before he goes to that great gig in the sky; )

Just googled tickets for the Birmingham gig. Limited amount left for £108.25 including booking fee. Not cheap but that's the going rate, and he will sell out.

Last edited:
He still has London and Birmingham gigs to do, so you still have chance mate. He's not getting any younger and this may be his last tour, so go see him before he goes to that great gig in the sky; )

Cheers pal. But seeing as I’m enjoying my week off work (and a further 2 in Sep) I’ve exhausted all avenues for trying to out. It’ll indeed be a sad day when Roger falls off this mortal coil. An out and out genius

Cheers.

It's a pity he and Dave won't work together.

SOYCD is probably my favourite Floyd track but saw Gilmour do it on his last tour and wasn't expecting Waters to do it. Bit disappointed the set list does not include Run Like Hell but that's another that Gilmour does and I suppose Waters was always going to keep stuff from The Wall to a minimum given his last tour.

Looking forward to it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.