roll on the summer...

Bill

the next window and the new season. this one has gone so bloody flat i want it gone. can't be arsed with palace, not sure i even care about going to the swamp, to the point i am thinking of taking a snap ski trip to a high resort somewhere in the french alps. unheard of. all that said i can't wait to see the comings and goings in the next few months. this squad, indeed the club have needed a spring clean since we won the title the first time round. i think exciting times are ahead and they can't come quick enough for me. the highlight being the champions league "draw" and to see when we play bayern again. our owners know what they are doing and i think it will be like 2008 all over again. great great players coming in. i want to rip the prem a new one next season.

de niro said:
the next window and the new season. this one has gone so bloody flat i want it gone. can't be arsed with palace, not sure i even care about going to the swamp, to the point i am thinking of taking a snap ski trip to a high resort somewhere in the french alps. unheard of. all that said i can't wait to see the comings and goings in the next few months. this squad, indeed the club have needed a spring clean since we won the title the first time round. i think exciting times are ahead and they can't come quick enough for me. the highlight being the champions league "draw" and to see when we play bayern again. our owners know what they are doing and i think it will be like 2008 all over again. great great players coming in. i want to rip the prem a new one next season.

New squad next year, new singing section/improved atmosphere at the ground. Surely it can't be any flatter than this season?

It's been an extremely disappointing season. Out of all the cup competitions meekly, surrendering the league with a whimper, too many players not performing at the level they're capable of. All very reminiscent of the 12/13 season. And don't say "remember the days of playing Wycombe, Chesterfield, York"; we all remember those dark days and yes, we should (and are) be grateful for what has been done to this club in the last six and a half years. But it's what we're doing now, and intend to do in the future, that concerns me.

Not enjoyed many matches at the Etihad this season only Liverpool (they were still suffering a hangover) & Spurs (they were far too adventurous) spring to mind.

Build up too slow, defensive errors, poor set pieces and the star players under performing (not trying?).

We need some fresh faces with skill, youth and enthusiasm - then we the fans will be uplifted.

On the way out - Caballero, Wright, Sagna, Kolorov, Richards, Fernando, Milner, Lampard, Toure, Sinclair, Guidetti, Nasri, Jovetic, Dzeko, Negredo

Staying - Hart, Zabaletta, Kompany, Demichelis, Clichy, Mangala, Boyata, Rekik, Fernandinho, Zuculini (?), Navas, Lopes, Silva, Aguero, Bony.

Keep 15 lose 15 nice symmetry, buy 7 top quality players and we have a squad of 22 plus any academy players who can step up.

Defence and midfield are the priorities also top striker and back-up keeper.

the next game and finishing this season. despite this one being flat it'll be thrilling. can't wait for palace, surely even more about going to the swamp, to the point i am thinking of cancelling a snap ski trip to a high resort somewhere in the french alps. unheard of. all that said i don't bother to see the comings and goings in the next few months. this squad who won us 2 titles, fa and league cup, needs a spring clean. i think exciting times are ahead but an all high finish can't come quick enough. the downside next season being the champions league "draw" and to see when we play bayern again. our owners know what they are doing (some fans don't) and i think it will be another step up all over again. great great players going and a few new ones with youth coming in. i want to rip the prem a new one next season but no matter what, i support the team right till the end of this season and the next and next till i die.

8 games to go De Niro. You are surely one of those planks that leaves the stadium with 15 minutes to go as well. You're better off in bloody Val Thorens anyways.

de niro said:

This is distinctly 'raggish'. They are the world's worst for only being interested when they are winning!!

Exciting times were ahead this season until we started dropping points to relegation fodder! Opportunities have gone begging, injuries stole several players off us when they were just coming into good form. Same reasons for the same thing to happen again next season!! I leave you with the old cliche - Take every game when it comes! Yer never know whether it's gonna be yer last!!!

cibaman said:
Should be good, provided we finish in the top 3

I can't believe that some fans are taking this as a given. There is still time for us to either win this or f*ck it up royally. I hope for the former and would be shocked by the latter but years of supporting City has taught me that nothing can, or should, ever be taken for granted.

its a Barm said:
Mard arse Fuckers, it's not fare we didn't win anything, unbelievable Jeff.

Yer right, Muffin! Too many fuckers wearing imaginary red shirts! It was obvious from the first few games of the season that we were not firing on all eleven cylinders! Too many opportunities going begging, and we have so much to learn about playing in the CL. Losing to CSKA at home, FFS! That was the writing on the shithouse wall if ever we needed it spelling out!

But I've enjoyed this season. Not as much as last, naturally, but it has been NOWHERE NEAR the shite seasons we've endured, even since coming to The Etihad, let alone the dross that was often served up at Maine Road.

It would have been glorious had The Beast stayed and continued in his fine form, and we had three midfielders netting twenty times each, AND had a defensive back four that collectively and individually had the same arseholes as a mackerel or a herring, but one thing I've picked up over the last few seasons is that unless you have Old Mother Riley flying to the rescue when yer struggling in a game, winning back to back titles is bloody hard!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.