roll on the summer...

personally i can't wait for the next game, we need to win to keep our minimum top 3 finish on the go

no writing off the season for me, despite what malaise others may have

just for interest we are the leagues top goalscorers thus far, not bad for a team being written off by its own fans!!!

Not been a good season. Still had good days out with fellow blues and with regards to the football I just remember where we have come from, so take nothing for granted.

Having said that I am looking forward to a big shake up and more excitement again next year.

When I seriously think about our squad I honestly think they should have 4 Premier League Titles under their belts - so a shake up is undoubtedly needed.
In terms of taking it on from here I have no doubts that our owners will be up for the challenge.

Meanwhile most of my seasons enjoyment has come via the EDS in Europe and the Academy in the Youth Cup. From this point of view we are away at Leicester on the 8th in the 2nd leg of the FA Youth Cup semi final. 3-0 up from the first leg and the match is live on ITV4. Then, with luck a home tie v Chelsea and an away day for the 2nd leg of the final at Stamford Bridge. The EDS and Youth Team (many overlap) play great football at a fast tempo so well worth watching.

Really hoping to watch my 3rd City Youth Cup win before even thinking about the summer!

Our squad is significantly better than any other and our players should be at their peak, so very disappointing

Now we're left wondering whether it needs to be broken up, or just one or two additions. Much depends on the lynchpins of Kompany, and Toure

If Toure is angling for a move to Inter, then get him out. But if he wants to stay, then this time I am sure he will give his all. It's his life. Of course he will do so once he works out what he is going to do.

Wreckless Alec said:
cibaman said:
Should be good, provided we finish in the top 3

I can't believe that some fans are taking this as a given. There is still time for us to either win this or f*ck it up royally. I hope for the former and would be shocked by the latter but years of supporting City has taught me that nothing can, or should, ever be taken for granted.

All depends what state of mind the players are in. My fear is that one or two know they're probably on the way out in the summer and won't give that little extra effort to win these last few games. Just hope there's a huge bonus offered for finishing second or at least getting champs league. Suffice to say I'm feeling a little uneasy about the whole situation.

[quote="Marvin"]Our squad is significantly better than any other and our players should be at their peak, so very disappointing

Now we're left wondering whether it needs to be broken up, or just one or two additions. Much depends on the lynchpins of Kompany, and Toure

If Toure is angling for a move to Inter, then get him out. But if he wants to stay, then this time I am sure he will give his all. It's his life. Of course he will do so once he works out what he is going to do.[/quote]

No it isn't, Chelsea's defensive and midfield options are superior to ours. The Rags forward options are superior to ours. Arsenal's attacking midfield options are superior to ours.

It can be argued that we have the best squad in terms of balance but there's no way we are significantly better than the other three clubs that should be challenging for the title.

Its been in attack and goals scored that have undone us this season. Last season it was you score one and we'll score four kind of mentality and is borne out in the simple stats that at after 30 games last season compared to this one;
F A Pts
Season 2014 80 28 67
Season 2015 62 28 61

So whereas last season we may have had a better conversion ratio against the one nil losses and draws against the likes of Stoke, Burnley, Hull and Everton we've suffered this season.
Though it doesn't feel like it, but the defense has performed the same with most of the top teams already played.

Although I haven't enjoyed a lot of games at home this season, I wouldn't say I haven't enjoyed it this season. I still love going to the Etihad and I've had some top aways this year - in particular Munich, Burnley and West Brom.

There's definite problems in this side, which I'm sure will be addressed in the summer. But if we stay consistently in the top 3 then we'll be fine as long as we're constantly challenging for trophies. But I could never say that I haven't enjoyed the season, maybe I don't like our style of play but I'll never dislike watching my beloved blues.

de niro said:
15 mins? some games I have been bored to death after the first ten minutes. you can kid yourself if you like, bang the drum of how good we are to the other delusional fucks but me i'll say it as it is. football is an entertainment, a very expensive one at that. I have written this season off and hope for better things next year. to the other prats who think I'm a rag saying all this tell me if you have been entertained. assuming you were at the games I was or spent the money I have. if not stfu.
De Niro you are spot on mate it has been a very insipid season all round, and we could well be in 4th place and 4 points behind our near neighbours before our next home match.

That would make for an interested atmosphere against the Hammers.

We have lost a lot of the advantage we had IMO over our fellow premiership contenders, we have bought quite poorly over the past eighteen months with our quantity over quality transfer policy.

We could so easily have bought quality like Fabregas or Di Maria but instead plumped for the likes of a raw Mangala who has a hell of a lot to prove in this league and the likes of Fernando- when you think those two cost close to £60 million and we could have picked up Fabregas for a tad more than half that you have to question players bought.

Our squad should already be well on the way to evolving but we now find ourselves hoping to ditch certain players who have been given new contracts in the hope new incoming players will hit the ground running next season.

As much as I'm looking forward to new players coming in it just feels like it's another consolidation season coming up to bed players in.

flb said:
We have lost a lot of the advantage we had IMO over our fellow premiership contenders, we have bought quite poorly over the past eighteen months with our quantity over quality transfer policy.

We could so easily have bought quality like Fabregas or Di Maria but instead plumped for the likes of a raw Mangala who has a hell of a lot to prove in this league and the likes of Fernando- when you think those two cost close to £60 million and we could have picked up Fabregas for a tad more than half that you have to question players bought.

Our squad should already be well on the way to evolving but we now find ourselves hoping to ditch certain players who have been given new contracts in the hope new incoming players will hit the ground running next season.

As much as I'm looking forward to new players coming in it just feels like it's another consolidation season coming up to bed players in.

You think we could've competed for the wages of Fabregas and Di Maria when we're under sanction which stipulates we can't increase our wage bill?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.