Roma away

Booked £58 return with Ryanair from Manchester, staying the night of the game, can't be any worse than Napoli.

Does anyone else find it surreal that in this day and age we are worried about our safety when playing away to a team in the flagship competition of club football.
Stab a visiting foreign supporter every time they visit or chant vile racist abuse and you get a slap on the wrist.
Invest money into your own club and get fined a record amount of money and risk being barred from the competition if you do it again.
It just doesn't make sense.

squirtyflower said:
Rome is my third favourite city, i wish now that i had booked longer!

Would you recommend me booking myself now, or waiting for the Thompson(formerly TC)/Spike trips and letting them organise?
From an 'I like my arse so don't necessarily want it being stabbed' point of view.

Loukas said:
squirtyflower said:

Would you recommend me booking myself now, or waiting for the Thompson(formerly TC)/Spike trips and letting them organise?
From an 'I like my arse so don't necessarily want it being stabbed' point of view.
I'd like to advise but if you get stabbed i'd feel pretty bad

i booked it myself, going with no-one else, and got it for a small amount

going with Spike, who is good, would cost me five times as much

when i'm there i'll meet up with others

stony said:
Does anyone else find it surreal that in this day and age we are worried about our safety when playing away to a team in the flagship competition of club football.
Stab a visiting foreign supporter every time they visit or chant vile racist abuse and you get a slap on the wrist.
Invest money into your own club and get fined a record amount of money and risk being barred from the competition if you do it again.

That argument remains a straw man until someone actually does get banned for investing money. As it stands there is a precedent for clubs being banned from Europe for their fans misbehaving ( I'm not just talking about Liverpool? There's Feyenoord, I think a Turkish side too).

I certainly think that FFP is completely unfair but your argument there makes no sense.

gazmedina said:
stony said:

That argument remains a straw man until someone actually does get banned for investing money. As it stands there is a precedent for clubs being banned from Europe for their fans misbehaving ( I'm not just talking about Liverpool? There's Feyenoord, I think a Turkish side too).

I certainly think that FFP is completely unfair but your argument there makes no sense.

They couldn't so anything but ban Liverpool, but they went further than that and banned every English club.
For all the clubs that have been banned there are countless stories of fans being stabbed or beaten by the police and fuck all gets done about it.
The argument wasn't conclusive, but it certainly wasn't a strawman.

Been a city fan all my life but come from Northern Ireland so I actually haven't been to any games and have never made the trip acros despite planning to a lot would you recommend my son (14)and I make the trip to Rome or Munich or a more traditional Stoke home or rags at home ? how would we go about getting two seats beside each other for a low cost at the derby or an away day in Munich or Rome ? many thanks in advance

squirtyflower said:
Loukas said:
squirtyflower said:

I'd like to advise but if you get stabbed i'd feel pretty bad

i booked it myself, going with no-one else, and got it for a small amount

going with Spike, who is good, would cost me five times as much

when i'm there i'll meet up with others

Fair enough, considering it's my first time in Italy in the away end, I'll probably just pay extra and go on the official trip! Hopefully it will be an enjoyable few days!

You going to any others?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.