Roma away

Of course it was a straw man. "They never do anything about this, but they're probably going to do this if this happens".

I don't disagree that there's a light touch on violence, but you could point to the FFP penalties and say that they've been pretty light touch in comparison to what was threatened. A squad size limit and £49m spending cap are pretty consistent with playing games behind closed doors - stopping way short of what they can do.

Despite this I'm not sure how UEFA can hold football clubs responsible for what happens in City centres when match days are on anyway.

Loukas said:
squirtyflower said:
Loukas said:
Would you recommend me booking myself now, or waiting for the Thompson(formerly TC)/Spike trips and letting them organise?
From an 'I like my arse so don't necessarily want it being stabbed' point of view.
I'd like to advise but if you get stabbed i'd feel pretty bad

i booked it myself, going with no-one else, and got it for a small amount

going with Spike, who is good, would cost me five times as much

when i'm there i'll meet up with others
went to CSKA last year and Munich three years ago, so giving them a swerve

i went with Spike last year to Barca and had to make my own way to the stadium, although they took us back to the airport after

Fair enough, considering it's my first time in Italy in the away end, I'll probably just pay extra and go on the official trip! Hopefully it will be an enjoyable few days!

You going to any others?

gazmedina said:
Of course it was a straw man. "They never do anything about this, but they're probably going to do this if this happens".

I don't disagree that there's a light touch on violence, but you could point to the FFP penalties and say that they've been pretty light touch in comparison to what was threatened. A squad size limit and £49m spending cap are pretty consistent with playing games behind closed doors - stopping way short of what they can do.

Despite this I'm not sure how UEFA can hold football clubs responsible for what happens in City centres when match days are on anyway.
if the clubs were banned their fans might start to take notice

Get there tuesday morning so hoping to sample a bit of culture tuesday day, cant wait to see the colosseum I was always fascinated by roman gladiators as a kid. Gonna have to do some research on what bars/clubs to hit on the tuesday night. Not booked the hotel yet, will depend on transport to and from the airport and the stadium and what part of town we wanna hit for the bars at night. Cant wait!

First thing they told us at the hotel when we were on a family holiday: NO FOOTBALL COLOURS!

abdulrazak68 said:
Been a city fan all my life but come from Northern Ireland so I actually haven't been to any games and have never made the trip acros despite planning to a lot would you recommend my son (14)and I make the trip to Rome or Munich or a more traditional Stoke home or rags at home ? how would we go about getting two seats beside each other for a low cost at the derby or an away day in Munich or Rome ? many thanks in advance

I'd recommend Munich, but for a first game you might prefer a home match in Mcr to tie in with the stadium tour and museum etc

abdulrazak68 said:
Been a city fan all my life but come from Northern Ireland so I actually haven't been to any games and have never made the trip acros despite planning to a lot would you recommend my son (14)and I make the trip to Rome or Munich or a more traditional Stoke home or rags at home ? how would we go about getting two seats beside each other for a low cost at the derby or an away day in Munich or Rome ? many thanks in advance

munich.

no brainer.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.