Roma vs Manchester City Pre-Match thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
FredTilson said:
jimmygrimblesboots said:
Just read Garcia the Roma manager comments about playing to win , an Italian side needs a 0-0 to go through , and they will play to win ? Yeah right.
Having followed Rudi Garcia since his Lille days, he always plays an attacking game, much like Pellegrini. Doesn't care about the context.

Also, defence is their weakest link, so their best strategy is to attack.

I agree. Ever since the major leagues adopted 3 points for a win, there has been a steady decline in the ability and inclination of clubs to play for goalless draws.The Italians are no different in that respect. If its goalless after an hour Roma might shut up shop (if CSKA are trailing) but they will not set out to just defend. Even with our absentees they would not be confident enough about keeping us scoreless.

with the four back in training looks like we may have a chance, though thought does cross my mind that maybe we rushing them, fingers crossed for an injury free game,

go on city

bayern blade said:
jimmygrimblesboots said:
bayern blade said:
To say we had ten men for about seventy minutes ( and yes of course I agree it was a sending off ) I thought we played bloody well given the side we had on the pitch. Obviously it was annoying to chuck it away with two stupid errors but I was very happy with the general performance.

we had 6 players unavailable and munichs rested a few , your centre half was a dickhead and got sent off , you had 60% of the ball and created f*cking nothing . Whats it like playing in a league championship where 95% of the games are gimmes , and when any opposing club develops a good player , you steal them for nothing , no wonder your called the german rags , most hated club in germany and possibly europe , with an arrogant prick called rummenigge running the show.

Try anger management mate :-) I've nowt against City or the majority of their fans and don't care who else goes through on Wednesday night, having said that I'll remember you and have a quiet snigger if we lose.
Created nothing ? We didn't have to create anything, as for your attitude to our signings, didn't seem to bother you too much while buying half of Arsenal.
As for being hated, do me a favour, success makes you hated, try it you'll like it.

Why dont you support Hanover ?

Would be nice to go to an away ground and get the required result to see us through,and Roma is just the perfect place to go and do it,the Italians are notorious bottlers on occasions like this....

zandvoort blue said:
Hart
Zab Vincent MDM Clichy
Navas Fern1 Fern2 Milner
Nasri
Jojo

With plenty of attacking options from the bench such as Frank, Dave, Dzeko, Aleks

That's the team I'd go with too.

Like you say, should be a strong bench as well.

Got nervous watching the Liverpool v Basle game.

Really disappointing that in a game like this our best players will be out, or patched up.

Whatever happens, we are well placed in the league, and have Kolarov, Dzeko, Kompany, Silva all returning with Nasri on top form.

Some teams when they go out of the Champions League don't recover and take a mortal hit, but we've taken our blow, and come through it. We go to Rome with a weakened team, and it's a shot to nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.