Roma vs Manchester City Pre-Match thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
FantasyIreland said:
The kids have set the standard:-)

As usual :)

Really hope Jack Byrne gets a chance in the FA cup in January, we'll need to rotate with injuries, ACON and fatigue and I think a chance in the first XI could see a serious leap in his development, he adapts his game so well whereever he finds himself and is playing better than I've seen before.

after the updates on the injuries i would go HART - ZABS , KOMPANY, DEMICHELIS , CLICHY - NAVAS , FERNANDO , FERNANDINHO , NASRI , MILNER - JOVETIC keep dzeko and merlin on the bench , they havent played for 6 weeks , it would be a massive gamble , but this starting eleven will keep us in the game , and even if we are losing 1-0 or 2-1 , the subs can change the game , come on you blues.

It would be interesting if Jovetic played as the only striker because it would be like playing with a false 9, as Roma are likely to do with Totti.

I still think Edin will start because I think we will see quite a few long balls going up to Edin and having midfield runners playing off him, that Roma midfield needs to be got around as quickly as possible in my opinion.

Going off this graph, even if CSKA draw, as long as we win we go through.

[bigimg]http://i1.eurosport.com/2014/12/10/1368774.jpg[/bigimg]

sam-caddick said:
It would be interesting if Jovetic played as the only striker because it would be like playing with a false 9, as Roma are likely to do with Totti.

I still think Edin will start because I think we will see quite a few long balls going up to Edin and having midfield runners playing off him, that Roma midfield needs to be got around as quickly as possible in my opinion.

I don't know if it would work, we as a team haven't really played with a false 9 since the early Mancini days with Bellamy and Johnson (both goalscorers) backing up Tevez, plus Jovetic usually works best from the left hand side.

hart

zabba-kompany(if fit)-mangala-clichy

fernandinho-fernando-milner

navas-dzeko-jovetic

this is one of our most important game of the season for us...the momentum is with us atm and i hope we mantain this 3-2 win for boys in Blueee C'Mon Cityyyyyyyyyyyyy

MihaiCity said:
hart

zabba-kompany(if fit)-mangala-clichy

fernandinho-fernando-milner

navas-dzeko-jovetic

this is one of our most important game of the season for us...the momentum is with us atm and i hope we mantain this 3-2 win for boys in Blueee C'Mon Cityyyyyyyyyyyyy

Most important game of the season and you leave our best player out from the last few games?!

Nasri HAS to play

Imagine the feel good factor around the club if we get through tonight!!

a few weeks ago we were said to be playing for second place in the league and out of the champios league.

how things can change, come on blues!!

Hart
Zab, Kompany (If fit), Demichelles, Clichy
Fernando,Fernandinho
Navas Nasri Milner
Dzeko

Good solid base of a team to start with. At least stay in the game and hopefully bring Merlin and Jovetic on, on the hour mark. Imperative we can keep our concentration for the first 20 minutes, they are going to come all guns blazing especially with the passionate crowd. We need to frustrate the life out of them.

jimmygrimblesboots said:
after the updates on the injuries i would go HART - ZABS , KOMPANY, DEMICHELIS , CLICHY - NAVAS , FERNANDO , FERNANDINHO , NASRI , MILNER - JOVETIC keep dzeko and merlin on the bench , they havent played for 6 weeks , it would be a massive gamble , but this starting eleven will keep us in the game , and even if we are losing 1-0 or 2-1 , the subs can change the game , come on you blues.

Dzeko played against Everton last Saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.