Roma vs Manchester City Pre-Match thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
sam-caddick said:
chris85mcfc said:
Manchester33 said:
Have you seen how quick Gervinho is?

They'll probably play counter attacking football as well.

If we're setting the team up to stop Gervinho, then perhaps we are already fucked

Gervinho at Roma is a complete different player to what you saw at Arsenal.

Him and Maicon tore Clichy and Demichelis apart at our place in September.

I would consider Magala for his pace alone.

Whole different task ahead of them tonight though, Clichy has found his balls. I'd still play Mangala if we want to play on the front foot though, maybe bring on MDM later in the game if we're protecting a lead and under the cosh.

sam-caddick said:
chris85mcfc said:
Manchester33 said:
Have you seen how quick Gervinho is?

They'll probably play counter attacking football as well.

If we're setting the team up to stop Gervinho, then perhaps we are already fucked

Gervinho at Roma is a complete different player to what you saw at Arsenal.

Him and Maicon tore Clichy and Demichelis apart at our place in September.

I would consider Magala for his pace alone.

And Clichy is a different player to when we played them in September

This game requires experience and an ability to manage a game in certain stages

We need to stay solid throughout and personally I don't think Mangala ticks those boxes at the moment

Mhm, Mangala or Demichelis? Not even sure Kompany will start. And I unfortunaltely remember a clearly not fit Kompany playing vs dippers when the latters were crowned champions ...
Same goes for Silva. Not played for 6 weeks. If he's in from the start I don't expect him to in his best moment ever. And that's what every player who starts tonight needs to be. If they are, we WILL win!

oasis-city-greek-fan said:
So Aguero and Toure are out for sure...Kompany and Silva doubtfull...is there anyother unavailiable ?
This win needs GUTS

Pellegrini has said that all three of Silva, Kompany and Jovetic might play, but one is more doubtful than the others.

I can hear a Meat Loaf song playing.

This is a huge game with real pressure, if Kompany is considered fit and playing will not harm his recovery further then I am sure he will play. Silva will be on the bench, he won’t be risked as without Aguero for the next 6 weeks we will really need Silva’s creativity behind one of Dzeko or Jovetic.

I’d expect Mangala to be given the nod because of his pace. Whilst Roma have a few players back, Maicon and Gervinho shouldn’t have so much space or success with a revived Clichy playing at his best. I think we will look to pack the midfield. It’s a tough game tactically because Roma might not try to win it. They might look to counter attack rather than dominate possession.

I would expect Hart, Clichy, Mangala, Kompany, Zabba, Milner, Dinho, Nando, Navas, Nasri, Dzeko.

I think we will have to play Dzeko despite his lack of match fitness. Jovetic and Lampard are available later on if we need more creativity or a different goal threat.

The game is more about concentration and playing to the best of our ability. We have more than enough despite injuries to win this game.

cibaman said:
So Aguero and Toure are out for sure...Kompany and Silva doubtfull...is there anyother unavailiable ?
This win needs GUTS

Pellegrini has said that all three of Silva, Kompany and Jovetic might play, but one is more doubtful than the others.

Tell my crazy but i would like to fight for this win without Kompany and Silva...It would make us 100% respectfull by all

cibaman said:
This win needs GUTS

I heard that and was interested to hear him not wanting to give the name away.

cibaman said:
This win needs GUTS

I have a feeling that Silva is the one who is doubtful, because he hasn't played for long time now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.