Roma vs Manchester City Pre-Match thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Players want this bad enough and it will be a hellish place to go however we are more than capable of doing it. They have a realisation that at the end of the day it is them on the pitch and they are responsible for the results.

We have been in these situations before and as Nasri said if the players just play their game without fear then we will have the chances to score and no reason why we will not.

I think we will actually win it, we have suffered enough bad luck in this competition the law of probabilities owes us a break, why not against Roma?

Roma 1 - 2 City

Bayern have a big game away at 3rd placed Augsburg on Saturday and look like playing a much weakened team v Moscow according to German media.

Kicker has the line up as follows :

Neuer

Rafinha
Dante
Boateng
Bernat

Hojbjerg
Schweinsteiger
Rode
Götze
Shaqiri

Lewandowski

Müller, Robben, Ribery and Xabi Alonso are all left out, along with Benatia (suspended) and Thiago, Lahm, Badstuber, Alaba, Pizarro and Martinez (injured).

bayern blade said:
Bayern have a big game away at 3rd placed Augsburg on Saturday and look like playing a much weakened team v Moscow according to German media.

Neuer

Rafinha
Dante
Boateng
Bernat

Hojbjerg
Schweinsteiger
Rode
Götze
Shaqiri

Lewandowski

Müller, Robben, Ribery and Xabi Alonso are all left out, along with Benatia (suspended) and Thiago, Lahm, Badstuber, Alaba, Pizarro and Martinez (injured).

So 0-3 to CSKA

Lee_One_Pen said:
Can somebody explain why Yaya is not available? The standard suspension for a red card is one match in the Champions League, unless extended by the UEFA Disciplinary Board. I have read nothing about the UEFA Disciplinary Board having done that, and the UEFA website does not show him as being suspended. I hope the club fully understands the rules, but it wouldn't be the first time if they didn't, as per last year's Bayern game.

LOP, as mentioned on pg 2 of this thread, there is a PDF available on UEFA website that shows Yaya suspended through the first fixture of the knockout stage for receiving a yellow + straight red. I looked through the UEFA Disciplinary Conduct PDF but it was hard to ascertain the exact punishments beyond the mandatory one-match ban.

Link:
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.uefa.org/MultimediaFiles/Download/DisciplinaryChart/uefaorg/UEFACompDisCases/02/18/44/89/2184489_DOWNLOAD.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.uefa.org/MultimediaFiles/Dow ... WNLOAD.pdf</a>

bayern blade said:

Neuer

Rafinha
Dante
Boateng
Bernat

Hojbjerg
Schweinsteiger
Rode
Götze
Shaqiri

Lewandowski

Here's hoping that side still motivated to get the result.

bayern blade said:

Neuer

Rafinha
Dante
Boateng
Bernat

Hojbjerg
Schweinsteiger
Rode
Götze
Shaqiri

Lewandowski

I don't think Bayern will be easing off too much. Its important to maintain momentum at this stage in the season, and if fringe players come in, it's a chance for them to show what they can do in a high profile game

I wish City were in that situation. The City v CSKA Moscow game at City was a farce and I still can't believe that we didn't win that game

raymondkl92 said:
Hart
Zaba
Mangala
Kompany
Clichy
Fernando
Fernandinho
Lampard
Navas
Nasri
Dzeko

even with Demi in for an injured Kompany, that is still a decent line up. I think playing Fernando, Fernandinho and Lampard could really do a job out there.

Marvin said:
bayern blade said:

Neuer

Rafinha
Dante
Boateng
Bernat

Hojbjerg
Schweinsteiger
Rode
Götze
Shaqiri

Lewandowski

I don't think Bayern will be easing off too much. Its important to maintain momentum at this stage in the season, and if fringe players come in, it's a chance for them to show what they can do in a high profile game

I wish City were in that situation. The City v CSKA Moscow game at City was a farce and I still can't believe that we didn't win that game

With Pep you never know. There is only 4 matches left until the winter break and even if the match is not so important anymore they want to have a nice ending to the calendar year.

I am pretty sure Pep will give Rode a run after that what he has shown recently - and Schweinsteiger could get his first start and Alonso might at the same time get a rest. But as a I think CSKA Moscow will sit back and wait on chances to counter he probably will not work with a 4-3-3 but with an four offensives.

Does Shaqiri get a start? I am not sure about this. He fell down the ladder with Pep somehow and hardly even gets substitute appearances now. In the last four matches he had one sub appearance in the last 8 it was three... Everybody expects that he will transfer in the winter break.

But - it is 4 matches in 10 days. Wednesday, Saturday, Tuesday, Friday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.