Roman Abramovich dilemma

adrianr said:
Thinking of a different dilemma myself. You sink a billion into a football club to win the Champions League. You've done seemingly little to secure the club for the future and after 9 years it's a complete money pit that still doesn't turn a profit. Needs even more pumped into it to bring it back up to former glory. You win the Champions League. Do you sink even more into it?

This

Chelsea have proved time and time again that they are a players club and nothing more. Take nothing away from that fantastic achievement tonight, no manager but Mourinho can handle that lot. Let Di Matteo walk away from the club with his head held high and status firmly cemented as a Chelsea legend, or settle for a cushty number 'upstairs' and spend the rest of his days trying his luck with the physio.

adrianr said:
Thinking of a different dilemma myself. You sink a billion into a football club to win the Champions League. You've done seemingly little to secure the club for the future and after 9 years it's a complete money pit that still doesn't turn a profit. Needs even more pumped into it to bring it back up to former glory. You win the Champions League. Do you sink even more into it?
Roman kind of tried, he did build new training ground in Cobham, but their academy sucks balls still. Kind of weird, he has all the money in the world to get scouts to find best talent around. We will see in future if our academy will go the same way or we will grow our little silvas, messis and iniestas. About profit, Chelsea is one of biggest earners in world, way more than us, they have the same problem we are having or/and will have soon - players earning too much and are too old or useless. So our owner has to play a blinder so we end up still being top club after FFPR kick in and our current bought (expensive) players are getting old and squad needs to be replaced

I would personally like to see Louis Van Gaal come in as Director of Football and Frank Rijkaard as Head Coach.
If Abramovich does believe Di Matteo is the man to take Chelsea forward I think they need to bring in someone like Fabio Cappello to oversee the transitional period at Chelsea.

He's earnt the chance but will Roman give Di Matteo millions to play with? Doubtful.

De Matteo is going to be manager of Chelsea next season without a doubt.

Abramovich is not stupid, this guy has real talent.

Said through gritted teeth!

schtipps said:
De Matteo is going to be manager of Chelsea next season without a doubt.

Abramovich is not stupid, this guy has real talent.

Said through gritted teeth!

I disagree, just look at his history with managers.

Aussie! said:
To sack Di Matteo or to keep him?

Sure he has won the CL, but domestic form has been poor.

TBF, Chelsea focused more on reserving the first team for the CL and the poor form can be attributed to a shite B-team with the likes of Florent Malouda and Salomon Kalou.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.