Rome

There's a pub near the colosseum called the Shamrock which had football on the tellies and a live band that played until the early hours. A fit girl from Nicaragua (didn't even know that was a place until she said it) gave me the eye in there. I didn't shag her but there was some serious heavy petting and the bloke and his wife next to us were really enjoying watching us. They bought us a few pints of Guinness which this girl really liked and then she staggered off at about 2 o'clock leaving me with a lob on.

Also get the 2 day ticket for the colosseum and roman forum. Think it's only 8 euro.

Been twice - amazing place. First time Roma won the scuddetti and million of people were warring the shirts and banners and parties everywhere - it was insane.

This is where you want to go to do your eating. Seriously. If I would have found it earlier I would have ate there every day.
Good food and cheap, same goes for the beer.

https://www.google.ca/maps/place/La...75a9fe6c6f4c898!8m2!3d41.8975731!4d12.4707982

And this is where you will catch all football matches.
Friendly staff, cold beer.

https://www.google.ca/maps/place/Ab...a1f5369ad34c6ff!8m2!3d41.8983372!4d12.4705554

Cheers Barcon. Will check these out.

So far. So good. Back in the room now. Our feet and legs are fucked! I don't think I've ever walked so much. And especially in this humid heat.

Our hotel is right behind Vatican. We can see St. Peter's from our room. It's a beautiful sight.

Day 1 - we stayed around this area. It's not very nice. Graffiti everywhere! And just seems very run down. Which is a shame. We looked around for somewhere to eat or a bar. But nothing expect cafes. We ended up eating drinking at the hotel, luckily. It's beautiful here.

Day 2 - we headed out early, we headed toward Giancalo hill top. A lovely walk and brilliant when we reached the top - whole view of Rome. When we decended we stopped in travestere, really lively, full of nice shops, restaurants and bars. After that we walked along the river to a market. But that was pretty much empty. Then we crossed the bridge and went up another hill to find the 'secret keyhole in avinto' ...was well worth it! Lovely gardens nearby. The walk back from there to the hotel was a killer. I was a broken man

Today - we had a pool day then headed to the Collesium. Yep. A great place to go - tourists and constant people trying to sell us stuff got a bit annoying. We ate at a nice resturant on return. Sat and had a few beers by the hotel pool after

Tommorow we go and visit the whole of Vatican. Looking forward to it.

Colosseum, Trevi fountain for good luck (won't be where you expect it to be) , the forum and St Peter's basilica. Also make sure to get a tutti fruity ice cream, no one does it like the Italians. And a real espresso. Have fun!!

This is where you want to go to do your eating. Seriously. If I would have found it earlier I would have ate there every day.
Good food and cheap, same goes for the beer.

https://www.google.ca/maps/place/La...75a9fe6c6f4c898!8m2!3d41.8975731!4d12.4707982

And this is where you will catch all football matches.
Friendly staff, cold beer.

https://www.google.ca/maps/place/Ab...a1f5369ad34c6ff!8m2!3d41.8983372!4d12.4705554

Barcon !!!

We walked 2 miles on YOUR recommendation and La Monte Carlo was shut !!!

Luckily there was another nice restaurant across the road which was nice, white wine especially !

How come no one on here recommended doing the dome at St Peters - it was amazing !! Admittedly I was a bit freaked out walking up 500+ steps but it was well worth it

Barcon !!!

Luckily there was another nice restaurant across the road which was nice, white wine especially !

How come no one on here recommended doing the dome at St Peters - it was amazing !! Admittedly I was a bit freaked out walking up 500+ steps but it was well worth it

Shut as in for good? Or just for the day?

Did you go to the Abby while you were over that way?

Go to this thing, I think it's the capitol bldg. You can take a lift up to the top.

Roma-Complesso-del-Vittoriano-Altare-della-Patria1-592x344.jpg

I'm going in November for 4 days with Mrs Inchy14, really looking forward to it to be honest.

November will be better than August!!!!

We were there in July and wow hot hot hot. You will find it easier to get round and enjoy in November. But Rome is amazing. Just get those hop on hop off busses they take you to all the main places. The collisium is just well you have to see it to believe it. You feel like you are in Ancient Rome.

Well as me and Mrs Inchy14 have had a major falling out, i'll be flying out alone this Sunday, actually looking forward to it though as i need a break from things. I'm sure someone mentioned a reputable site for buying tickets in advance, any ideas?

Barcon !!!

Oh you missed out, its also a favourite of Manchesters favourite son
20071024pizzerialamozzer-thumb.jpg

Bizarre place Rome.
Filthy, covered in graffiti that the city doesn't bother cleaning off yet amazing history, architecture and art.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.