Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem with most English fans is they look solely on a players weaknesses and not what a player is necessarily good at.... make no mistakes, he has an extremely heavy touch, tends to be a little greedy in possession and filters in and out of games, on the flip side, his hold up is fantastic, brute/bullies defenders, and his goal to game ratio is outstanding considering the teams he has played for.... 104/205

His style is now perfect for the way conte sets out his team and he will be an improvement on Costa. We can mock the price but it makes them stronger!!!

Chelsea have a trend of selling and getting the same players back. Matic, Luiz and now Lukaku. On Romelu, I don't think he is an upgrade on Costa, think Costa has a better work rate than him and goes in a lot more than him.

Chelsea have a trend of selling and getting the same players back. Matic, Luiz and now Lukaku. On Romelu, I don't think he is an upgrade on Costa, think Costa has a better work rate than him and goes in a lot more than him.

Would Costa of scored the same amount of goals as Lukaku at those clubs????

Let's wait and see, hopefully he flops.... doubt it though!!

He's quite a similar player to Harry Kane to me.

Whilst he's not best footballer in the world, you cannot argue with his productivity. At 24, he's already scored 85 Premier League goals, and it's not hard to envisage him adding at least another 20 to his tally next season.

Even though Chelsea will again be spending an exorbitant amount of money on a former player of theirs, you would have to suspect that he will be a good signing for them.

I never really rated Lukaku, don't think he will ever become a top, top striker. He is really good but is missing a few things. Everton or rags are probably his level. I hope he goes to Chelsea for 100m, much better than them getting someone like Belotti.

Lukaku scored 25 goals in the league. I had a feeling Lukaku scored many goals that weren't really game changers so I decided to take a look at all his goals and at what point in the game did he score them.

Vs Sunderland away, hat trick in a 3-0 win
Vs Boro at home, where Everton won 3-1, he scored the 3rd goal.
vs Palace at home, scored the 1st goal, final score 1-1
vs City away scored the first goal, final score 1-1
vs West Ham at home- Scored first goal, final score 2-0
vs Watford Away, lost 3-2, Lukaku scored the first goal and then scored the second when Watford were already up 3-1
vs Leicester away, scored the second goal in a 2-0 win.
vs Southampton at home scored the 3rd goal in a 3-0 win.
vs City at home, scored the 1st goal in a 4-0 win, again we gave the ball away they countered and Lukaku scored, not the hardest of finishes.
vs Bournemouth at home, Lukaku scored the 1st goal, then the 3rd to make it 3-0, the 4th to make it 4-2 and 5th to make it 5-2
vs Sunderland at home, scored the second in a 2-0 win
vs Spurs away, scored when Spurs were winning 2-0 to make it 2-1 and ultimately lost the game 3-2
vs West Brom at home, scored the 3rd goal in a 3-0 win
vs Hull City at home, Lukaku scored the 3rd and 4th goals against a 10-man Hull City, both in stoppage time,final score 4-0
vs Leicester at home scored to make it 2-2 and then scored again to make it 4-2
vs Burnely at home, scored the 3rd goal to make it 3-1
vs Arsenal away, scored a penalty while losing 2-0, final score 3-1 for Arsenal

Is this really a 100m striker?

Scored against our terrible defense in 2 games, scored against Spurs while losing and a penalty in the Arsenal loss on the last day of the season, other than that failed to score against any other club in the top 6.

7 goals came against relegated clubs.
4 goals came in 5-2 against Bournemouth.
Scored the 1st goal in 7 games (4 wins, 2 draws, 1 Loss)
Other than that not too many game changers really.
Scored many goals stat padding goals.

I have watched him many times for Belgium and despite the talent and service around him, he never seemed to star, always missed a lot of easy or good chances.

I never really rated Lukaku, don't think he will ever become a top, top striker. He is really good but is missing a few things. Everton or rags are probably his level. I hope he goes to Chelsea for 100m, much better than them getting someone like Belotti.

Lukaku scored 25 goals in the league. I had a feeling Lukaku scored many goals that weren't really game changers so I decided to take a look at all his goals and at what point in the game did he score them.

Vs Sunderland away, hat trick in a 3-0 win
Vs Boro at home, where Everton won 3-1, he scored the 3rd goal.
vs Palace at home, scored the 1st goal, final score 1-1
vs City away scored the first goal, final score 1-1
vs West Ham at home- Scored first goal, final score 2-0
vs Watford Away, lost 3-2, Lukaku scored the first goal and then scored the second when Watford were already up 3-1
vs Leicester away, scored the second goal in a 2-0 win.
vs Southampton at home scored the 3rd goal in a 3-0 win.
vs City at home, scored the 1st goal in a 4-0 win, again we gave the ball away they countered and Lukaku scored, not the hardest of finishes.
vs Bournemouth at home, Lukaku scored the 1st goal, then the 3rd to make it 3-0, the 4th to make it 4-2 and 5th to make it 5-2
vs Sunderland at home, scored the second in a 2-0 win
vs Spurs away, scored when Spurs were winning 2-0 to make it 2-1 and ultimately lost the game 3-2
vs West Brom at home, scored the 3rd goal in a 3-0 win
vs Hull City at home, Lukaku scored the 3rd and 4th goals against a 10-man Hull City, both in stoppage time,final score 4-0
vs Leicester at home scored to make it 2-2 and then scored again to make it 4-2
vs Burnely at home, scored the 3rd goal to make it 3-1
vs Arsenal away, scored a penalty while losing 2-0, final score 3-1 for Arsenal

Is this really a 100m striker?

Scored against our terrible defense in 2 games, scored against Spurs while losing and a penalty in the Arsenal loss on the last day of the season, other than that failed to score against any other club in the top 6.

7 goals came against relegated clubs.
4 goals came in 5-2 against Bournemouth.
Scored the 1st goal in 7 games (4 wins, 2 draws, 1 Loss)
Other than that not too many game changers really.
Scored many goals stat padding goals.

I have watched him many times for Belgium and despite the talent and service around him, he never seemed to star, always missed a lot of easy or good chances.

People said the same about Drogba when he first came to the Premier league. Just because you don't rate him doesn't mean he won't become a top striker. If he does then you will be eating this comment.

Also a ton of strikers miss chances. He also has more goals against top 6 opposition than Diego Costa. In a league format you need someone who scores goals against smaller sides. Those guys win you leagues. If you only show up against big teams you end up having a Liverpool type team that struggles against those types.

As for stat padding, look at Harry Kane, that guy is the king of stat padders.

People said the same about Drogba when he first came to the Premier league. Just because you don't rate him doesn't mean he won't become a top striker. If he does then you will be eating this comment.

Also a ton of strikers miss chances. He also has more goals against top 6 opposition than Diego Costa. In a league format you need someone who scores goals against smaller sides. Those guys win you leagues. If you only show up against big teams you end up having a Liverpool type team that struggles against those types.

Tbf, nobody said the same about drogba, he was already outstanding at Marseille

Good call on Drogba. I remember how him and Henry looked when they first came over. In the right team Lukaku will do well. Doesn't suit us but a ready made replacement for Costa.

You also need some one to score in the big games, the title deciders, the big CL games. Looks like he is leaving Everton so we will see. I'll be ready to eat my comments, I just don't see Lukaku becoming an elite striker.

He is still young, 24 but I do hope he goes to Chelsea and Costa leaves as that will be a down grade IMO.

I will be shocked if he becomes a top 5 striker in world football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.