Romeo Lavia

Good article about this kid in the Mail today. Somebody has high expectations of him.

He does look very promising.

I think the ideal situation would be to tie Fernandinho for one more year and then get him training with the first team setup next season with the view of a few cup games.

This is the type of opportunity to start feeding in academy players that the club needs to start taking - discounting Fernandinho, we have two senior players (Rodri and Gundogan) who are excellent in the number 6 position, do we really need to be going out and spending £60/70m on a player like Rice or Zakaria?

Appreciate he is still very young, but he'll be closing in on 19 by the time Fernandinho leaves (assuming he stays for 1 more year) and the very best talents are playing first team football by then.

My worry is still whether he will get adequate gametime, and I really doubt it

Foden could potentially be a player competing for the Balon D'Or and even he has had to bide his time

Lavia looks a cut above, but I dont think he's Phils level and he plays in a position whereby it's really important he knows where to be at the right time...its such a crucial role as you do something wrong and the opposition get a clean run at the defence (see Rodri mistake vs Chelsea)

Feel the club need to improve on this....because based off the current club philosophy we are much more likely to invest £40mil Bissouma then let Lavia get minutes, and from a footballing perspective its hard to argue with that logic

Winning at Newcastle with the title already won and Pep brings Mendy when Palmer is on the bench.;..

Anyone who thinks Pep is going to trust any of the EDS untill their into their 20's is out of their mind

So frustrating

Totally ruined Phil, Pep did
We gonna use this for the next 10 years yea...

As I said above, Foden is potentially a generational talent....

The ones that aren't that level...so pretty much any youngster just aren't going to get a chance (imo) unless we've spent £30mil on them

We gonna use this for the next 10 years yea...

As I said above, Foden is potentially a generational talent....

The ones that aren't that level...so pretty much any youngster just aren't going to get a chance (imo) unless we've spent £30mil on them
You the same handsofstone that's been posting a lot in the transfer forum? Ie we should sign Lewandowski, Nuno Mendes, Aouar? But you're fuming that Palmer didn't get 10 minutes in a meaningless PL match! Have to say I'm confused about your youth policy.

You the same handsofstone that's been posting a lot in the transfer forum? Ie we should sign Lewandowski, Nuno Mendes, Aouar? But you're fuming that Palmer didn't get 10 minutes in a meaningless PL match! Have to say I'm confused about your youth policy.

They aren't mutually exclusive, it's not transfers OR youth

Look what I said, I said that Lewandowski is the best in the world at his prime so would love to get him... but its unrealistic and didn't think we would, but still you don't pass up opportunitieslike that...and anyway Lewandowski doesn't block anyone, if anything it's a much better signing for Delap as Haaland would have that striker spot for 10 years

And yea I said I want Auoar, again because of the fee is so cheap and he is a replacement for Gundogan, again if we don't get him I wouldn't mind but if we aren't going to let Doyle get a chance, then he's a good option

Nuno Mendes might just be the best fullback talent in the world...but I've also said that if we can't get him then fair enough, but also said that I'd be fuming if we went for a Betrand/Ings as they are just stop gaps and squad fillers

If they are world class talents then we have every right to go for them, but if the option isn't available we should trust our youth, we make about 2 key signings a summer, no reason why we can't start picking the odd youth candidate to get gametime

There was no reason why we can't let Palmer be Mahrez understudy next year, Harwood-Beilles is impressing at Blackburn, he will lbe close in 18 months time

The youth team has actually been great as it's been a money pool for us, but if in the next 10 years and Foden is the only player who managed to get any chances I'd be a bit pissed as our academy/EDS have been dominating the youth leagues for a while

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.