Romeo Lavia

this will annoy me greatly. one of those where you're scratching your head wondering what the plan here was. Did they think he was really worth just 13 million? I was told that the fee is low because of the buyback. Now the buyback is about to be voided, what's our move here?
Depending on your chosen source, an initial fee of £10.5m plus £3.5m add-ons when he moved to Southampton.

We also have a 20% sell-on clause (either £10m if taken from the total potential £50m transfer fee or £6.8m from the profit?) and we have the right to match any bid that is accepted from another club if we wanted him back and he was happy to return.

So up to £24m for a player who was only at the club for 2 seasons and never played a single PL game. I think we've already made our move 12 months back and it was a winning one.

Lavia could have spent 5 years learning and developing and being Rodri's understudy and would still have been able to give us another 8 as the first choice.
What a sales pitch to the lad.

Stick around for Carabao games and 10mins at the end of a prem game to give Rodri a breather. Alternatively, go and play every week in the premier league and earn yourself a 6 figure contract and 50m move within 18mths.

If he goes to Liverpool he’s understudy to Fabinho. I don’t see much difference of he came here he would play when Rodri doesn’t, we have an awful lot of matches next season. He could easily get 15-20 starts over the season. Phillips didn’t get many because he was injured, unfit and simply wasn’t trusted.

What a sales pitch to the lad.

Stick around for Carabao games and 10mins at the end of a prem game to give Rodri a breather. Alternatively, go and play every week in the premier league and earn yourself a 6 figure contract and 50m move within 18mths.

Haha not quite what I meant. I just mean as a strategy Lavia just seemed logical to keep considering how good he was at such a young age and the amount of time we could afford to develop him. Pep clearly wanted Rodri cover immediately though and didn't want to give him that time, or didn't feel he could reach the heights we needed and Bielsa convinced him on Phillips. It just hasn't worked out, but luckily Rodri stayed fit and we won the treble so it hasn't mattered! In the future I think Lavia will be a brilliant player but perhaps his ability to dictate the game is something Pep never sees him grasping. He doesn't often get it wrong. Time will tell.

If he goes to Liverpool he’s understudy to Fabinho. I don’t see much difference of he came here he would play when Rodri doesn’t, we have an awful lot of matches next season. He could easily get 15-20 starts over the season. Phillips didn’t get many because he was injured, unfit and simply wasn’t trusted.
Fabinho is finished imo. Lavia won't be joining them to be second choice. Klopp would have to have promised him a starting spot.

Rodri will play every single game possible. Rodri will probably be knocking on the door of top 5 appearances by the time he leaves. He is simply too important to Pep.

Considering we bid 90m for a defensive midfielder so management sees we have a need for one, I’m assuming it’s just as much the lad doesn’t want to come back here, as us not rating him.

He looked a class above everyone at soton.

I'd trigger his buy back clause ( we've already banked his first transfer fee )

Game time may be a bit of a conundrum, but with 60+ games to play, if he's good enough he'll get chances like Rico.

If it doesn't work out he'll still be worth £50m, if it does he'll be worth £75m

I certainly wouldn't allow him to go to Arse or #neveratreblepool.

He's still only 19 !!
Buy back not active till summer 24

Fabinho is fecked.
Don't watch a lot of LFC, but Fabinho now seldom passes forward as he always looks for the safe (sideways, backwards) ball.
LFC need to return to a quicker style of play. If Klopp continues to pick Henderson & Fabinho in midfield, they will carry on being a 4th/5th team.
I really hope Lavia goes somewhere else...

Fabinho is fecked.
Don't watch a lot of LFC, but Fabinho now seldom passes forward as he always looks for the safe (sideways, backwards) ball.
LFC need to return to a quicker style of play. If Klopp continues to pick Henderson & Fabinho in midfield, they will carry on being a 4th/5th team.
I really hope Lavia goes somewhere else...
Capture.PNG
Just on pure numbers you can see why Lavia is a better fit for Liverpool. We say we want a #6 when our #6 is usually a complete midfielder rather than a pure ball winner.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.