Romeo Lavia

Wasnt ready to play a lone six in the system we had, still isnt. Doesn't have the ball playing chop to control from DM.

Kid is a pure ball winner and recycler at this point. We dont have the game time to invest in training him in it, gonna look a star in some systems just not this one for a few years.
I think that his forward passing is better than you give him credit for but agree that he would not be ready to be our 6 if Rodders was out or being rested. If he had stayed last season he may have got the minutes that went to Rico Lewis and would have been a treble winner rather than having a relegation on his footballing CV.

I think that his forward passing is better than you give him credit for but agree that he would not be ready to be our 6 if Rodders was out or being rested. If he had stayed last season he may have got the minutes that went to Rico Lewis and would have been a treble winner rather than having a relegation on his footballing CV.
Yeah, i don't think he's terrible at it, but way off the level for what we need in there. Remains to be seen if he could have adapted to the new system mid season as well. Stones, Walker etc all said they struggled with the change , whereas Lewis flourished etc.

All ifs, and and buts with the choice but we came out ok.

Klopp thinks he is good enough for them Arteta thinks he is good enough for them
Ten Peg thinks he will be hood enough for them
Chelsea probably were in mix

But he becomes Raw for City?

You can dislike that ugly teeth dipper bit you say he can't be good for City when he can sign for anyone in top 6?

View attachment 85389
Just on pure numbers you can see why Lavia is a better fit for Liverpool. We say we want a #6 when our #6 is usually a complete midfielder rather than a pure ball winner.
I wouldn't jump to bring him back, but surely that's the difference between between playing for City and playing for Southampton.

Southampton scored 36 league goals last season - that wipes out the entire first section for Lavia. The areas where he's poor are almost all related to playing in a team that aren't doing much attacking.

Klopp thinks he is good enough for them Arteta thinks he is good enough for them
Ten Peg thinks he will be hood enough for them
Chelsea probably were in mix

But he becomes Raw for City?

You can dislike that ugly teeth dipper bit you say he can't be good for City when he can sign for anyone in top 6?
Klopp won absolutely squat and failed to qualify for the Champs league
Arteta won nothing and threw away the league (arguably)
Ten Hag won the Carling Cup which is considered the lowest success
Pep won the treble
Conclusion he probably is raw

I wouldn't jump to bring him back, but surely that's the difference between between playing for City and playing for Southampton.

Southampton scored 36 league goals last season - that wipes out the entire first section for Lavia. The areas where he's poor are almost all related to playing in a team that aren't doing much attacking.
He'd need to improve almost every metric, and double/triple them in the offensive side at least. Just don't seem them taking another 50m punt when they have Phillips as one already.

Lavia would be ahead of both Phillips and Kovacic in the pecking order if he was here. He was fantastic at Southampton last year and will solve a massive part of Liverpool's weakness, which is their midfield.

I find it so weird that the club went as high as £90m on Rice but won't buy Lavia back. For me he's more talented than Rice and has already been in and around the setup.
First highlighted bit - based on what? The fact he looked good in a really bad team?
Second bit - we are clearly very aware of his pluses and minuses from his time at the club, so just PERHAPS there's something we know that we don't like.
May turn out to be a mistake, time will tell

He'd need to improve almost every metric, and double/triple them in the offensive side at least. Just don't seem them taking another 50m punt when they have Phillips as one already.
I agree that he's not stand out enough to bring him right back, but City scored three times as many goals as Southampton, so tripling his offensive stats wouldn't be a surprise.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.