Ronaldinho

Failsworth_Blue said:
Bluemoon115 said:
Failsworth_Blue said:
He's scored 9 goals in 23 games for Milan this season, not bad considering he's shite eh? He's still a very good player who hasn't been great for Milan but he's done well enough when he's got the chance

If the chance come along for us to sign him i'd be all for signing him. He's still only 28 years of age so has a few years to go at the top level

Who would you take out of our current team to fit him in?

And don't give me the squad argument, 'cos he's definatly gonna want to be starting every game.

Good question but lets face it he's probably a better player than all our attacking players on his day. Is he a better player than Ireland? Yes but then again i think Ireland has a lot of potential to be on and be a top player so it's a tough one

I think the phrase 'on his day' holds the nub of this situation. It's exactly that phrase that was being (rightly) bandied around over Stevie a season or so back.
The difference now is that SI shows a consistentcy of form that makes him an inked-in selection name.

As well as consistency, another key difference between SI and Goofy is that the former does not feel that he is doing us a favour in playing for us whereas my concern is that the latter may feel this.

Imagine

Henry
Robinho Kaka
Ronaldinho

Tad lightweight but oh my god i wouldn't want to defend against them.

It depends entirely upon what we would be bringing him here for. If it is to play football for a full 90 minutes; influencing games, scoring goals etc. I think it would be dubious to state that we should spend too much on a player who is looking more and more likely to go the way most of Brazil's great attacking players (that is to say to be excellent in their youth up until mid career and loose it at their peak; think Ronaldo, Romario, Adriano (and his well documented problems) etc); I hope it is not the case, but it is looking more and more likely each game. I do not think he is half as bad as people say, merely I do not think he will ever recapture the dazzling form shown at PSG and Barcelona.
For marketing reasons however, (and if he is willing to play ,which I doubt, a lesser role in our squad) Ronaldinho would be a brilliant purchase, he is very popular in Brazil and is still the most well known and supported player (of anyone!) in alot of Asian countries. He could make the owners a fortune and raise the profile of the club in Asia and South America (areas where we have little support) too. Which is less a reason for buying him and more the rationale of the club to buy him.

levets said:
fathellensbellend said:
no thanks

better attacking option than Evans, Caceido, Benjani, Vasell, Etuhu or Sturridge
I don't think you need to pay Ronaldinho type wages to find better attacking options than those lot.

If hes not performing at his best for the club he was supposedly desperate to join then only a muppwit would want him at a club he snubbed a few months back.

bluemoon05 said:
Watching him in the game last night I thought he was absolutely awful, no thanks.

I am watching that too... totally shocking - makes Samaras look good, plus he is woefully out of condition... history of being a bit of a trouble maker at PSG, was only really any good for a year or two. Nowhere near the beat player in the world now...

He still has it IMO.
He was only on the pitch a few moments when he landed that free kick against pompey at fratton park in the uefa cup.
He`s still a very good player, if he had the constant run of games with us as robbie has had for us, I reckon he will have made more of an impact. My opinion of course.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.