Ronaldo is coming

I am not saying we could never recruit a player of Ronaldo's quality, but I do believe we will never recruit him. I will be happily eat humble pie if he does come. However it really is unlikely. Why would he leave R. Madrid? We want to grow into a club like Real - or barcelona depending on your preference - but we aren't there yet and won't be for a while. If he did decide to come back to the EPL could you really see him turning his back on the adulation he receives at OT, a place he repeatedly says he misses and would like to eventually go back to? Sure we can offer him bucketloads of money, but would that really matter to a guy who is already loaded and will be able to earn a huge salary wherever he is and will probably still be reeling it in once he retires?

IMO it's the stuff of pipe dreams. A nice pipe dream, but still a dream at that. Is there really any valid reason that he might come?

Darkhorse said:
I am not saying we could never recruit a player of Ronaldo's quality, but I do believe we will never recruit him. I will be happily eat humble pie if he does come. However it really is unlikely. Why would he leave R. Madrid? We want to grow into a club like Real - or barcelona depending on your preference - but we aren't there yet and won't be for a while. If he did decide to come back to the EPL could you really see him turning his back on the adulation he receives at OT, a place he repeatedly says he misses and would like to eventually go back to? Sure we can offer him bucketloads of money, but would that really matter to a guy who is already loaded and will be able to earn a huge salary wherever he is and will probably still be reeling it in once he retires?

IMO it's the stuff of pipe dreams. A nice pipe dream, but still a dream at that. Is there really any valid reason that he might come?

Things quiet at redcafe today?

Darkhorse said:

I couldnt agree more with you on the "pipe dream" thinking. But where there is a couple semi-valid reasons he'd come here is 1RealMoney and 2Legacy.

1RealMoney (yes, Im corny - its a play on RealMadrid) But what I mean by that is he only gets a slim percentage because of Spain's enormously high taxes. Theyre much lower in England and he'd see more of his wages even if theyre the same. But we all know they wont be. Even the principle number will go up. I know hes rich, but thats still ALOT more than what he gets now if you really think about it.

2Legacy. Theres been talk of his academies etc and furthermore if (and I honestly do think he could) City would win a few titles (EPL & UCL) under his tenure here say til he retired (aka went to the MLS) thats a large impact for a guy who could be largely looked at as single-handedly doing it (though it wouldnt be single-handed, but thats surely how the press would make it - to his credit he would lead the way in terms of his spark and offense obviously).

...as far as my opinion on CR7? Sometimes I wonder if hed be a semi-Mario headace, but the more I think the more I see hes not that hes just more HollywoodISH. With the right leadership (fingers crossed Mancini keeps growing some jingle-bells) he could lead very well by example.

Chevelle said:
Darkhorse said:

Things quiet at redcafe today?

Really?

Or have I been clarkied?

MCFC Buffalo-NY said:
Darkhorse said:

I couldnt agree more with you on the "pipe dream" thinking. But where there is a couple semi-valid reasons he'd come here is 1RealMoney and 2Legacy.

1RealMoney (yes, Im corny - its a play on RealMadrid) But what I mean by that is he only gets a slim percentage because of Spain's enormously high taxes. Theyre much lower in England and he'd see more of his wages even if theyre the same. But we all know they wont be. Even the principle number will go up. I know hes rich, but thats still ALOT more than what he gets now if you really think about it.

2Legacy. Theres been talk of his academies etc and furthermore if (and I honestly do think he could) City would win a few titles (EPL & UCL) under his tenure here say til he retired (aka went to the MLS) thats a large impact for a guy who could be largely looked at as single-handedly doing it (though it wouldnt be single-handed, but thats surely how the press would make it - to his credit he would lead the way in terms of his spark and offense obviously).

...as far as my opinion on CR7? Sometimes I wonder if hed be a semi-Mario headace, but the more I think the more I see hes not that hes just more HollywoodISH. With the right leadership (fingers crossed Mancini keeps growing some jingle-bells) he could lead very well by example.

Do yourself a favour mate, don't refer to this greasy, tranny **** as cr7 on here. You will last a little longer.

Barcon said:
MCFC Buffalo-NY said:
Darkhorse said:

Do yourself a favour mate, don't refer to this greasy, tranny **** as cr7 on here. You will last a little longer.

do yourself a favor man, dont deny talent. youll last a little longer on ANY board

(...pretty sure a guy like him earned the CR7 tagline) things like catchy nicknames, endorsements, and whatever else tend to come to you when your ohhhh sayyyy arguably the best player in the world (easily top3). Sad how fickle city fans get with their new money. I dont want eight different guys and scrap Dzeko and Kolarov, and Tevez, and Balotelli, and whoever else is PART OF THE TEAM (obviously castaways like Ade, Bridge, Bellamy are a diff story). This isnt EA Sports FIFA, you cant change everything every year everytime something doesnt workout (such as an April loss at Arsenal). Its understandable to want improvement, reach the next level, but it takes time. If one is a little impatient, enter CR7...pretty sure success will without a doubt move quicker. And as I said in my last post, Im not so in favor or against it. There's cases for both. The success that undoubtedly comes with ith. But, though it seems unlikely, the possible Mario-like drama we'd have to prepare for again. But you never know. All in all, the FIFA Financial Issues are looking to get more serious and we should be in the clear but heavy buying might have to be curbed. I doubt we could do Europe and pull off a buy like that, but you never know what the brass has up their sleeve.

Your welcome.

MCFC Buffalo-NY said:
Barcon said:
MCFC Buffalo-NY said:

do yourself a favor man, dont deny talent. youll last a little longer on ANY board

(...pretty sure a guy like him earned the CR7 tagline) things like catchy nicknames, endorsements, and whatever else tend to come to you when your ohhhh sayyyy arguably the best player in the world (easily top3). Sad how fickle city fans get with their new money. I dont want eight different guys and scrap Dzeko and Kolarov, and Tevez, and Balotelli, and whoever else is PART OF THE TEAM (obviously castaways like Ade, Bridge, Bellamy are a diff story). This isnt EA Sports FIFA, you cant change everything every year everytime something doesnt workout (such as an April loss at Arsenal). Its understandable to want improvement, reach the next level, but it takes time. If one is a little impatient, enter CR7...pretty sure success will without a doubt move quicker. And as I said in my last post, Im not so in favor or against it. There's cases for both. The success that undoubtedly comes with ith. But, though it seems unlikely, the possible Mario-like drama we'd have to prepare for again. But you never know. All in all, the FIFA Financial Issues are looking to get more serious and we should be in the clear but heavy buying might have to be curbed. I doubt we could do Europe and pull off a buy like that, but you never know what the brass has up their sleeve.

Your welcome.

Firstly, we all know how good Ronaldo is, but that doesn't mean we have to like the twat.

Secondly, Barcon was just offering you some advice (correct and friendly advice might I add) there was no need to react the way you did, now you yourself have come across as a bit of a twat.

Finally, to reiterate Barcon's point, please don't refer to Ronaldo as CR7, it's embarrassing and cringe worthy.

You're welcome.

MCFC Buffalo-NY said:
Barcon said:
MCFC Buffalo-NY said:

Your welcome.
fuck off rag twat.

BlueBilly said:
MCFC Buffalo-NY said:
Barcon said:

Your welcome.

Firstly, we all know how good Ronaldo is, but that doesn't mean we have to like the twat.

Secondly, Barcon was just offering you some advice (correct and friendly advice might I add) there was no need to react the way you did, now you yourself have come across as a bit of a twat.

Finally, to reiterate Barcon's point, please don't refer to Ronaldo as CR7, it's embarrassing and cringe worthy.

You're welcome.

Agree to disagree. Taking a total irrational stance on it isn't exactly friendly advice but that's your call. And well done BlueBilly, love the "You're welcome" - shook my fist in air "How could I???"

On the CR7 note...I couldnt disagree more. Out of control. A fun nickname he's more than earned is not a noteworthy discussion. But a guy who repeatedly said want to play in Manchester again, but wouldn't return to the rags - who does that leave? I'm thinking "cmon now, what more does he have to say without saying?"
But if it didnt happen, I'd be more than okay with it.
Like I said before in my reaction, apparently "twatworthy." Read it again. a true fan doesnt want to overhaul a team every year, if so what kind of supporter are you? (Not you specifically, someone in general). I think you (or whoever) just dint like the Your welcome (drops head....I mean You're welcome - still smh). But really read it again or, all kidding aside, my point is too many "true supporters" want Mancini out and have a huge list of changes for the offseason after that Arsenal loss and I'm thinking "cmon now, what the..." I was clear then I I'll be clearer now, IFFFFFFFFF you're going to make any changes, only make a few (tinker a bit), meaning if you want BIG changes it'll have to be one big player, and CR7 certainly is.
And to be truthful, I think we are better without him. And furthermore, with FIFA Fin. Fair Play getting more serious I wonder even how much we'll be able to do. After unloading Ade, Bridge, Bellamy, and Roque the first place you have to go is to a Central Defender. We have a crowded midfield and a more than dramatic situation at Forward. Apparently Tevez wants to stay, and who knows what'll happen to Mario with still not having played since the doom and gloom of the Arsenal match. Dzeko has loads of potential but its tapered off a bit recently and if the right price comes in he might have to be a thought if our salary situation still needs trimming. Despite Mancini wanting "two or three more players" as he stated, I think we may only get a Defender or two in and possibly our biggest addition: John Guidetti. Love what he can do RIGHT NOW for us and could be a great part of a rotation with Aguero and likely Tevez, and then whichever of the two (Dzeko/Mario) are still here.

Fallingbostel Blue has it right though and gave me an "ohhh yaaaaa" moment. With the concrete insane marketing of the Umbro sponsorship not going away anytime soon and admittingly my case with the CR7 thing being "legacy" marketing/financial related, it doesn't work with him being such a huge part of Nike. Good call man.

And kudos to totallywired. I was a bit of a douche with the "Your welcome" (still smh - I'm a teacher! Makes it so much worse). But my arrogance behind it was that I'm thinking here I am trying to take a middle approach (and actually more against the move) but just stating how it'd work/happen and the only thing Barcon focuses on is the CR7 line (and I didnt' see it as JUST offering some advice. Laughable.) But maybe you'd realize I'm not a rag twat if you see defending him isn't a bad thing at all - he's just easily one of the best in the world. But, let him be great somewhere else.

I'll stick with hyping Guidetti. He's a very skilled LARGE man you must admit.

Thank You (really).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.