Ronaldo is coming

alky313 said:
EricBrooksGhost said:
alky313 said:
This is the one thing I don't enjoy about these boards. The insistent need to avoid actual names or references. Calling someone "tranny" or "slur" so incredibly childish when done 24/7. Having to use the term "Rags" in the middle of every serios conversation when discussion wage structure et al. I can love my club, hate another and still not sound like a toothless hick. I'm not referring to you Barcon, I'm just saying.
Is this a Clarkie because i can tell you I've hated those Rag cunts all my life; its part of growing up. There is nothing toothless about referring to them as Rags, a little history lesson would teach you that. Just saying

Sorry lad I've more knowledge and money spent on this club than half your family..
Sorry i need to come back to this; what the fucking hell has how much you have spent on this club got to do with anything; how does that make you bigger, better , more knowledgeable. Oh no it doesn't , shock as it may come.

sjk2008 said:
MCFC Buffalo-NY said:
sjk2008 said:
Please prove this to me?

haha ok.

...if your serious, i said a lot (yes i have the UNFORTUNATE gift of gab). prove what?

*and my calling him CR7 wasn't meant to spark a debate over what language is appropriate or not. Its a grey area, theres no true right and wrong that separates you as low-class or not, but youd like to think theres somewhat of a line. That tagline of his became popular much more after manu in his RM days (in MY opinion - some might agree or some might disagree, you cant DEFINE the rate at which a nickname became popular thats just rediculous, but i dont care much anyway about him even).

Guidetti is sick.

I couldn't care less whether you call him CR7 or Tranny or your poster boy, I want to know when he has apparently said that he would like to, both, come back to the premier league AND that he wouldn't go back to United.

Ohh ok, ya they were on separate occasions and the writers in both, and then the article with both quotes together played it up to more than it was. But they could be on to something, or it could be B.S. Google it or something, I dont feel like proving it haha - but take my word or not its all good but they were said, though again ADMITTINGLY on separate occasions and likely taken out of context. And really both arent so crazy. On the first, I could see why hed want to be back - lived awhile, made loads of friends prob. Then on the second, its not crazy to think hed not want to go back to manu. Who EVER really goes back to a former club in their prime? Its few and far between if ever, and I dont see his pride letting him be one of them. Though lastly, like my stance was middleground and speculatory anyway, thats not to say at all he would for sure come to City, but if hed come at all (again not likely), then youd think itd be here

Fallingbostel Blue said:
If we were sponsored by Nike we would have more chance of him signing, shame we're stuck with Umbro.

Fallingbostel Blue has it right though and gave me an "ohhh yaaaaa" moment. With the concrete insane marketing of the Umbro sponsorship not going away anytime soon and admittingly my case with the CR7 thing being "legacy" marketing/financial related, it doesn't work with him being such a huge part of Nike. Good call man.

Then I just read this 5mins ago...

<a class="postlink" href="http://mcfc.co.uk/News/Club-news/2012/May/Manchester-City-announce-Nike-kit-partnership" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://mcfc.co.uk/News/Club-news/2012/M ... artnership</a>

That is by far not to say it would ever happen, but its funny how the random pieces are falling into place for my original speculation haha (still think its better off not diving into that situation)

I think we all need to calm down. I personally refer to them as rags, scum, whatever. If I refer to them as united, I won't even use a capital letter, petty maybe, but who cares? If someone wants to give them more credit and respect than they deserve then that's fine, that's their choice and I won't think any less of them for it.

It is also frustrating when certain fans think they're superior to others for whatever reason. Spending more money on the club? Seriously? I go to every home game, but I didn't go to York away, and I live in the Midlands so don't have a Manchester accent. That doesn't make me any less of a fan than anyone else. Similarly, if someone from abroad chooses to support our great club then they are fully entitled to and that wouldn't make them any less of a fan than me.

Anyway, back to topic. Ronaldo will go down in history as one of the greatest players of all time, but I don't want him anywhere near our club.

Does the new Nike deal give us a better chance of signing him?

he could be the final piece in the jigsaw for Champion's League glory.

We're signing the next Ronaldo instead, Hazard. Much cheaper and we can build his brand linked to the club.

Malty said:
mate Hazard is unproven at that level.

With the money we'll be spending on him, we'll expect him to become one of the top players in Europe and it gives our club the chance to build a player and his brand ourselves instead of signing pre-established superstars that will always be associated with certain other clubs.

MCFC Buffalo-NY said:
Fallingbostel Blue said:
If we were sponsored by Nike we would have more chance of him signing, shame we're stuck with Umbro.

Fallingbostel Blue has it right though and gave me an "ohhh yaaaaa" moment. With the concrete insane marketing of the Umbro sponsorship not going away anytime soon and admittingly my case with the CR7 thing being "legacy" marketing/financial related, it doesn't work with him being such a huge part of Nike. Good call man.

Then I just read this 5mins ago...

<a class="postlink" href="http://mcfc.co.uk/News/Club-news/2012/May/Manchester-City-announce-Nike-kit-partnership" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://mcfc.co.uk/News/Club-news/2012/M ... artnership</a>

That is by far not to say it would ever happen, but its funny how the random pieces are falling into place for my original speculation haha (still think its better off not diving into that situation)

It's not a huge surprise really with Nike owning Umbro anyway. It's not a change of sponsor really, but to a different division of said sponsor.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.