Ronaldo rejects new Real Madrid contract.

Tancredi Palmeri ‏@tancredipalmeri 13m
Cristiano Ronaldo's agent to meet PSG's pres. Al Khelaifi in very next days to listen proposal about the player, according to reliable RMC

I hope he goes to PSG rather than United. Surprised we haven't thrown our name in the hat, if brand building is Soriano's obsession there are few better than Ronaldo to help that.

LoveCity said:
Cristiano Ronaldo's agent to meet PSG's pres. Al Khelaifi in very next days to listen proposal about the player, according to reliable RMC

I hope he goes to PSG rather than United. Surprised we haven't thrown our name in the hat, if brand building is Soriano's obsession there are few better than Ronaldo to help that.

PSG blowed United last summer with Lucas Moura, and they will continue blowing everyone when needed.

LoveCity said:

Would seem bizarre in the extreme for one of the best players in the world to go to such a rubbish league, but then maybe there is enough attention around PSG nowadays to supplement his ego stroke. Plus the other obvious benefit to going there is making ungodly amounts of money whilst not jeopardising a twilight move to the Rags on the cheap, which he would do by coming here.

adrianr said:
Would seem bizarre in the extreme for one of the best players in the world to go to such a rubbish league, but then maybe there is enough attention around PSG nowadays to supplement his ego stroke. Plus the other obvious benefit to going there is making ungodly amounts of money whilst not jeopardising a twilight move to the Rags on the cheap, which he would do by coming here.
It's all about being an elite European club and money. Paris is a magnificent city, especially if you have money and PSG are aiming for the top. Ronaldo could feasibly go there. They've already attracted some world class players.

I'm practically certain he won't go to United purely because they couldn't afford him. Their owners are in it to make money, not spend it. If it wasn't for Ferguson they'd be run like Arsenal, content with CL qualification and maintaining the brand. Ferguson managed to get RVP but I bet their owners allowed it because he'll sell a lot of shirts and he was out of contract. Always amuses me when they call clubs like ours plastic when they're the epitome of a bloated corporate sellout.

It is possible he will go there, but I still have doubts. PSG definitely are building a team of superstars and the chance of winning trophies there is certain as I can't see any team challenging them soon (in France that is) plus the fact that they will give him an ungodly amount of money. If that is to happen though, I'm fairly certain Ibrahimovic is going to leave as I don't think they can afford such huge wages to two players (with the French tax and all that). Maybe Mou+Ronaldo to PSG eh?

So FFP is officially dead - I thought our lot were far richer than the PSG crew so why are we being walked over by a team with 40 years history in a crap league?

Have we given up competing with these boys or is it just the lure of Paris?

I´m buggered if I´m going to gay Pareeeee! ;)

mike channon´s windmill said:
So FFP is officially dead - I thought our lot were far richer than the PSG crew so why are we being walked over by a team with 40 years history in a crap league?

It pisses me off that absolutely nothing is being said about them or their spending - which, givem their league is poorer, with a much smaller global audience and nowhere near the financial rewards, is far worse than us!

dario2739 said:
mike channon´s windmill said:

It pisses me off that absolutely nothing is being said about them or their spending - which, givem their league is poorer, with a much smaller global audience and nowhere near the financial rewards, is far worse than us!
PSG's top 5 signings since 2011:
1. Lucas Moura 45m
2. Javier Pastore 44m
3. Thiago Silva 42m
4. Ezequiel Lavezzi 30m
5. Zlatan Ibrahimovic 20m

(plus wages)

so that's 3 players more expensive than our record signing (none of which are as good), and all in the last two years.

kun said:
PSG's top 5 signings since 2011:
1. Lucas Moura 45m
2. Javier Pastore 44m
3. Thiago Silva 42m
4. Ezequiel Lavezzi 30m
5. Zlatan Ibrahimovic 20m

(plus wages)

so that's 3 players more expensive than our record signing (none of which are as good), and all in the last two years.
We were linked with all of them!
Reports Mancini wanted at least 3 of them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.