Ronaldo?

dannyboiblue said:
^ are you our owner because u know alot?

If that's aimed at me then here are my reasons;

1) Real Madrid wouldn't sell - well that's just an educational guess because why would they sell someone has is the second best player in the world and scored over 50 goals for them last season?
2) We wouldn't pay the fee - I remember Cook or Marwood coming out and saying that we've walked out of meetings because clubs were asking stupid prices. This would be the same, he'd be over £150million to sign. We learnt from the Kaka deal.
3) We wouldn't pay his wage demands - Well again this was an educated guess, we always come out and say that we're not paying our players ridiculous amounts and Ronaldo would ask for an extortionate amount. An example of us having a dig at media bollocks about wages being that Yaya Toure was meant to be on £220k a week and the highest paid player at the club but then when Tevez handed his transfer request in, the statement on the website declared he was the highest paid player at the club.
4) Ronaldo wouldn't join us - He's said it many time. Take off your blue-tinted glasses and realise that he wouldn't join us.

If your post wasn't aimed at me then I apologise.

skillman said:
Just because it's announced before the morning doesn't mean it gains any truth. More media bollocks.

1) Real Madrid would never sell.
2) We wouldn't pay the stupid fee.
3) We wouldn't pay his stupid wage demands.
4) He wouldn't ever play for City.

Don't want Ronaldo and don't think Madrid would sell but I would not put it past Cook to be behind the idea of making this kind of a bid.

He was happy to pay £100m for Kaka and thought he had the marketing skills to make it pay when we were a much weaker club playing wise than we are now. He also wanted Ronaldhino when we were financially weaker and playing weaker than we are now and would no doubt of payed him a fortune.

He is fundamentally a sports marketing man and I think this is the kind of thing that he sees as being the future and how to make money in marketing the big iconic symbols.

Cityfan said:
skillman said:
Just because it's announced before the morning doesn't mean it gains any truth. More media bollocks.

1) Real Madrid would never sell.
2) We wouldn't pay the stupid fee.
3) We wouldn't pay his stupid wage demands.
4) He wouldn't ever play for City.

Don't want Ronaldo and don't think Madrid would sell but I would not put it past Cook to be behind the idea of making this kind of a bid.

He was happy to pay £100m for Kaka and thought he had the marketing skills to make it pay when we were a much weaker club playing wise than we are now. He also wanted Ronaldhino when we were financially weaker and playing weaker than we are now and would no doubt of payed him a fortune.

He is fundamentally a sports marketing man and I think this is the kind of thing that he sees as being the future and how to make money in marketing the big iconic symbols.

I wouldn't put it past him either as a marketing move but some on here are getting wound up over the thought of him playing for us. It's not going to happen, in my strong opinion.

skillman said:
dannyboiblue said:

1) Real Madrid wouldn't sell - well that's just an educational guess because why would they sell someone has is the second best player in the world and scored over 50 goals for them last season?
2) We wouldn't pay the fee - I remember Cook or Marwood coming out and saying that we've walked out of meetings because clubs were asking stupid prices. This would be the same, he'd be over £150million to sign. We learnt from the Kaka deal.
3) We wouldn't pay his wage demands - Well again this was an educated guess, we always come out and say that we're not paying our players ridiculous amounts and Ronaldo would ask for an extortionate amount. An example of us having a dig at media bollocks about wages being that Yaya Toure was meant to be on £220k a week and the highest paid player at the club but then when Tevez handed his transfer request in, the statement on the website declared he was the highest paid player at the club.
4) Ronaldo wouldn't join us - He's said it many time. Take off your blue-tinted glasses and realise that he wouldn't join us.

When did he say he would never join us link?

The cookie monster said:
skillman said:
dannyboiblue said:

When did he say he would never join us link?

Can't find the link but I found the quotes; "As for Manchester City, I can’t ever see them being as big as United. United have all the tradition and you cannot make history in two or three years irrespective of how much money you have. City simply cannot buy what United have. I don’t know if they tried to get me but I wouldn’t play for any other English club but United.

just been on google news, typed in ronaldo then pressed space. the first google suggestion was "ronaldo man city".

off to get my "hes a ****, but hes our ****" tattoo

Ronaldo would be a great acquisition to any team in the world and thats why Real Madrid would never sell him. He has just broke the records for league goals in a season. They would be screwed without his ability and obvious commercial factor.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.