Rony Lopes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why not? Could come to City at the best youth training facilities, grow as a player, and then just leave for Arsenal/Liverpool once you near the end of your contract. Hoping this isn't what we become, but if we don't start giving chances then I fear it could be what occurs.

We're never gonna sell to Arsenal or Liverpool. If Lopes had gone to Liverpool instead of us he'd be getting games, not being sold to Monaco. Rony will be a £30m+ player in a few years. We've made a huge mistake. The longer we go without promoting youth, the longer we go spending obscene amounts on 21 and 24 year olds.

As others have said, if we signed Sterling instead of Liverpool when he was 15, he wouldn't be playing for us right now. Which is really quite sad.

Unfortunately, Lopes was simply not quite good enough. Good luck to him, Monaco is a great move for him. We got decent money for him too.

The best youth players will continue coming to City because they know they will get the best footballing education (and the best academic education) here, along with training facilities not matched anywhere else. Most of them realise that they will never get into our team because we are able to buy the best players in the world. What they do know is that with the training they get here, they are likely to have a fantastic football career at teams like Monaco or Marseille or any number of other British and European clubs.

We're never gonna sell to Arsenal or Liverpool. If Lopes had gone to Liverpool instead of us he'd be getting games, not being sold to Monaco. Rony will be a £30m+ player in a few years. We've made a huge mistake. The longer we go without promoting youth, the longer we go spending obscene amounts on 21 and 24 year olds.

As others have said, if we signed Sterling instead of Liverpool when he was 15, he wouldn't be playing for us right now. Which is really quite sad.

If they ran down their contract we wouldn't have a choice where they want. I agree with you that we need to promote youth and with your points about Sterling wouldn't play for us now if he'd come to us at 15 - I just disagree that we won't be able to attract youth, I still see us as at worst an attractive stepping stone in youthful careers as we have such good training facilities without them expecting to play for City in the future.

Maybe the club thought that there were better prospects coming through and we needed to clear the way for them.

If he wasn't going to sign a new contract, then we had to sell anyway.

Reports being banded about that Pellers thought it was a loan deal, not permanent! Bizarre if that's true! (Apologies if already posted).
I assume it was just a mistake. He only had a year left on his contract and wasn't going to sign another one so a loan would have made no sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.