Rony Lopes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I assume it was just a mistake. He only had a year left on his contract and wasn't going to sign another one so a loan would have made no sense.
"I think Marcos needs to plays more in another club. He is a very good player. I am sure in the future he will be part of our club but for this year he must continue trying to play as much football as he can. Here he has a lot of competition with David (Silva) and Samir (Nasri) so it is better for him to go on loan.'

When asked to clarify that the move was just a loan, Pellegrini added: 'Yes, just for this season.'

Does seem a bit weird then. Makes little difference though if Lopes wasn't going to sign a new contract. Selling him was the only real option.

To those complaining about the lack of youth on the team, I think City will be fine. Nacho are Roberts are still on the squad and should improve. They clearly have high hopes for Denayer but for him to get better he will need constant reps, and as talented as he is, he's not better than Vinnie, Mangala or Otamendi. Its good for him to go out on loan, get better and then take over for MDM next season. The next crop of players (Ambrose, Barker, Garcia, etc..) look to be better and more talented so that's always something to look forward to.

To those complaining about the lack of youth on the team, I think City will be fine. Nacho are Roberts are still on the squad and should improve. They clearly have high hopes for Denayer but for him to get better he will need constant reps, and as talented as he is, he's not better than Vinnie, Mangala or Otamendi. Its good for him to go out on loan, get better and then take over for MDM next season. The next crop of players (Ambrose, Barker, Garcia, etc..) look to be better and more talented so that's always something to look forward to.
There's a difference between having good players and using them. Do you see Pellegrini playing any of those you mentioned a reasonable amount this season? He's under pressure as it is, I foresee him sticking to his big guns as much as possible. We need a long-term manager who's given the backing and freedom to be a bit more experimental perhaps at the detriment of results knowing he won't be sacked for it.

what the point of Roberts for example being in the "squad" if he never plays. He has played 0 minutes of competitive football and its 3 weeks in to the season. Tomorrow he will get on the bench because of injuries, otherwise no chance. Surely loan or playing in EDS would be better for him. Given his age, he needs to be playing week in week out somewhere.

what the point of Roberts for example being in the "squad" if he never plays. He has played 0 minutes of competitive football and its 3 weeks in to the season. Tomorrow he will get on the bench because of injuries, otherwise no chance. Surely loan or playing in EDS would be better for him. Given his age, he needs to be playing week in week out somewhere.
He might not even get on the bench. Pellegrini will probably just go with Caballero, Clichy, Otamendi, Demichelis, Delph, Nasri, Iheanacho (even though it's an unbalanced bench)

There's a difference between having good players and using them. Do you see Pellegrini playing any of those you mentioned a reasonable amount this season? He's under pressure as it is, I foresee him sticking to his big guns as much as possible. We need a long-term manager who's given the backing and freedom to be a bit more experimental perhaps at the detriment of results knowing he won't be sacked for it.
Not really worried about the minute distribution after 3 games. Depth will be important + come in handy when the team starts playing multiple times a week. It's a long season and there 50+ total games left to be played.

Just guessing but I think the reason why Pelle has used the players the way he has so far is so the team can get off to a good start after last season's disappointing title defense. Play the big guys, get off to a good start, get some momentum/confidence and then slowly interjecting some of the younger players. It's not an insane strategy, personally.

Pelle is smart enough to know though that if he doesn't use his entire team, he's gonna burn out his main horses. I expect some of the other guys to get more time as the season progresses.

Monaco's plans are to loan him out straight away. He isn't going to be part of their squad this season.

I think we offered him a new contract but he wouldn't sign it unless guarantees were given.

With him only having a year left on his deal it was either keep him and let him go for nothing next season or sell now for what, 9m?

We should have sorted his contract situation out before the loan to Lille.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.